Just making sure...

Options
I just want to make sure I am going about this in the right way. My weight was approx 203 when I started last week and I am consuming 1300 calories. Is this enough to lose weight? I don't want to put myself into starvation. I do work out and I make sure and consume the extra calories I am allotted so I am not under 1300. Am I on the right path?? Just second guessing myself. Thanks for anyone that can help me!

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    What does MFP say you should eat by setting your goal at a two pound loss?
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That depends on your height more or less. 1300 for a 200lbs weight sounds pretty good though!
  • Stoonloveskeith
    Stoonloveskeith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    MFP says I should be eating 1200 calories, but I was scared that was too little so I manually moved it to 1300.
  • Stoonloveskeith
    Stoonloveskeith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My height is 5' 2
  • ottawagirl613
    ottawagirl613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Instead of making manual adjustments you could always adjust your weight loss settings to a 1.5/1/.5 pound loss per week instead of the 2 pound loss per week that a lot of people aim for. MFP allows you slightly more calories for each increment. And apparently the slower you lose the more likely you are to retain lean muscle mass and keep the weight off. Just a thought!
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    MFP says I should be eating 1200 calories, but I was scared that was too little so I manually moved it to 1300.

I don't think there has been a day where I've actually hit my MFP calorie goal. I've always been under and I have been losing pretty consistently. A few times I've been the same weight for a week and then BAM drop two pounds. If you're really worried, try for the 1200 and see what it does. Not that 100 cals really makes that big of a difference in the end, but don't be scared of eating too little like that!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Use the tool and tell me your BMR and what you selected as your activity level.