NY Resolution people and packed gyms!!?!?!?!?

Options
BEERRUNNER
BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
OH OH its gonna be jam packed at the gym today full of new year resolutioners! I expect all the bike machines to be busy.....lucky for me they avoid the treadmills like the plague............ha!
SO.when does your gym start returning to normal?

HOPEFULLY theres some awesome eyecandy!:devil:

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    OMG, I got to the gym early yesterday once I dropped my kids off at school (7:20) and it was pretty normal. Did the 8:15 spin class and it wasn't packed. I figured everybody was waiting until today to get started. Whoa, was I wrong! I walked out of the spin room and couldn't believe how packed the weight room was and the parking lot was like the day after Thanksgiving with folks shadowing you to your car to get your parking space. I will be glad when it's back to normal! (and I was VERY glad I get to the gym early!)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Just remember, fitness is for life, not just for January.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    OMG, I got to the gym early yesterday once I dropped my kids off at school (7:20) and it was pretty normal. Did the 8:15 spin class and it wasn't packed. I figured everybody was waiting until today to get started. Whoa, was I wrong! I walked out of the spin room and couldn't believe how packed the weight room was and the parking lot was like the day after Thanksgiving with folks shadowing you to your car to get your parking space. I will be glad when it's back to normal! (and I was VERY glad I get to the gym early!)

This is exactly how my old Ballys gym used to be every year for about a month or so.
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Things usually die down mid February. You have to give kudos to the new peeps that stick with it though.
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I made a post like this yesterday! I just want my gym back!!!!
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Luckily my gym was pretty much normal today, but I also went around 1, when I imagine a lot of people would be working or at school
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    This was exactly the situation in my my gym this morning!!

Usually at 6:15 is empty. I usually have one empty treadmill on either side of me, but I was side by side with folks this morning.

For their own sakes I hope they keep it up!! But, if I get a little more breathing room in a couple of weeks I won't cry too many tears...
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    By mid February they usually start to drop off.
  • TWrecks1968
    TWrecks1968 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    The rec center I work out with will be busy, but, thankfully, the roads will be empty, as usual, especially at 5:00 AM. LOL.
  • KateEMD
    KateEMD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have been working out at my apartment's sad little treadmill because I am afraid to go to the gym with all these new people. Well, that was a little extreme. I am not scared I just don't want to have to compete for my machines that I always used to have free reign of. I am heading there in 2 hours so we will see how it goes. Wish me luck!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Omg, I hate having to wait for the equipment and treadmills because off all the people who will lose interest by February 1st are hogging all the machines!!!
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Mine's was a bit busier than normal today - but it was closed the last two days for the holidays so I expected more people would be there. still managed to get on all the machines without much hassle :)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Usually drops off at my gym beginning to mid Feb....
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    I am definitely not looking forward to going today and waiting 1/2 an hour for every machine. It hasn't been bad up until today but I have a feeling today will not be pretty. And I don't think the new year brings out too much eye candy.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Omg, I hate having to wait for the equipment and treadmills because off all the people who will lose interest by February 1st are hogging all the machines!!!

thats right babycakes!
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hey, Hey Now! I started December 26th, don't group me with the newbies! ;)

But I could really see how that would be a problem! I am lucky in the fact that my Gym seems pretty quiet, but I also go at around 7pm....
  • andezz99
    andezz99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have a gym membership and also a full gym in my garage, I'll be spending more time in the garage this January until the excitement wears off at the gym.
  • weightwatcher4life
    Options
    our local news interviewed the owner of a gym who stated that the past few days have been the busiest ever and people are joining like crazy... sad that those folks who only join for a bit don't do it for life for better health
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    The resoulution rush is usually over by March @ my gym. People seem to give up if they don't lose 50lbs in a month and get the body they want within a short period of time.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I noticed this last night! It was insane, but I was prepared...usually noobs don't like free weights or anything so I did mostly lifting last night. I do give them credit for trying, but this isn't my first year in a gym, it usually dies off around February. It's my hope that they found an exercise that they enjoy, because not everyone likes the gym, but statistics show they just fall off the wagon. Nothing is more painful than when someone walks up to you in a $300 work out outfit and asks you how to turn the elypticall on. Did you just buy the gear to fit in? Because I'm wearing $10 joggers and my fiance's beer t-shirt lol