Bummed...

mmalanick
mmalanick Posts: 14
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
After my first real day of my new lifestyle, I've gained a pound! What a disappointment! I even excercised last night! I think that is really frustrating! I think I'm going to start weighing myself once a week. Any ideas?

Replies

• mmalanick
    mmalanick Posts: 14
    After my first real day of my new lifestyle, I've gained a pound! What a disappointment! I even excercised last night! I think that is really frustrating! I think I'm going to start weighing myself once a week. Any ideas?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Yep, throw away the scale. :tongue:

Seriously though, put the scale away, don't even look at it for the first month. You're body will go through massive changes for the first month, for most that means losing a lot, but for some, that means gaining or maintaining. It's not all that meaningful in the long term sense. What matters is that you eat healthy, exercise consistanly and at a good pace, and maintain a reasonable calorie deficit for your specific status.
  • I started yesterday,but I have heard it takes a deficit of around 3500calories to loose 1 pound. I keep reminding myself too much lost too fast is easier to put back on and is not healthy. I put my scale away and will weigh in next Monday.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    AMEN! Get rid of the scale, get your measurements, and seriously, it hasn't even been 24 hours. This is a journey. It is going to be fun, painful, glorious, and stressful. Don't give up now, you have to prepare yourself for more successes and unfortunately, some let downs. You can do this!

And the person above me is correct, 3500 calores = one pound. This means that if you burn 500 calories at the gym in a week, you can lose a pound.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member

wel...good for you for starting...
    one day tough is just that...a start...
    did you get out of shape in one day? nope..

measure yourself and focus on the measurements...weight will fluctuate every few hours!! that is a good thing..your body is amazing and is always adapting and changing...weigh yourself once a week for amonth...you will see results

focus on your food and exercise....how you feel is more important than a number on the scale

good luck
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Ditch the scale, buy a full-length mirror.
This discussion has been closed.