Tuna 'n Noodle Casserole?

Options
This is probably a very simple question, but I obviously don't know the answer to it. I'm making tuna 'n noodle casserole tomorrow night for dinner. Usually I just make it on the stovetop, but I want to actually bake it in the oven this time.
Do I need to first boil/prepare the noodles and then put it all in the oven?? If so, about how long do I have it in the oven (I don't want the noodles to be rubbery)? Or do I just put the dry noodles in the dish with all the fixings and stick it in the oven?? Stupid question, I know. Thanks in advance!!! :blushing:

Replies

• kendallalissa
    Options
    This is probably a very simple question, but I obviously don't know the answer to it. I'm making tuna 'n noodle casserole tomorrow night for dinner. Usually I just make it on the stovetop, but I want to actually bake it in the oven this time.
    Do I need to first boil/prepare the noodles and then put it all in the oven?? If so, about how long do I have it in the oven (I don't want the noodles to be rubbery)? Or do I just put the dry noodles in the dish with all the fixings and stick it in the oven?? Stupid question, I know. Thanks in advance!!! :blushing:
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    If you pre-cook the noodles then all you need to do is brown the casserole in the oven for about 10 min at 425 degrees, uncovered. If you do not pre-cook the noodles, you need to include the extra liquid in the casserole for the noodles to soak up...that will take 45 min in the oven, covered under foil at 400 degrees.

That's how I do it. Good luck with your casserole!
  • jhollyw00d
    jhollyw00d Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What's your recipe for the Tuna 'n Noodle Casserole? I have one that I make, but it's SUPER fattening!

Thanks!
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I always made the boxed version :blushing:

Can I have your recipe too? Thank-you!
  • LeeAnn11
    LeeAnn11 Posts: 37
    Options
    I would love to have the recipe as well...
  • snowbune27
    snowbune27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have a recipe that is AMAZING!!! and really not unhealthy!!

Cook Noodles ( I like Rotini Noodles with this recipe the best) get either whole wheat (which will fill you up faster) or assorted veggie flavor.

Also microwave abouve 1.5 to 2 cups frozen vegetables (peas and carrots are what I like the best, but it can really be anything)

After you've drained the noddles, in a mixing bowl, mix in 2 cans of Campbells cream of mushroom soup (get the fat free version), 2 cans of drained tuna, and the cooked vegetables.

put ina casserole pan and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Take out of the oven and stir.

in a small bowl mix 1/4 C bread crumbs (if you crush cornflakes or any healthy cereal to a fine dust you avoid a lot of sodium from the premade bread crumbs) and i table spoon melted butter or margarine (or you can even use those low calorie sprays), and some garlic powder. The consistency will be lumpy... sprinkle mixture over stirred casserole and put back in the oven for 10 minutes.

FIN! and it is delicious!!:glasses:

160263.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • jhollyw00d
    jhollyw00d Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Yumby!! :tongue:
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    Oh, by no means is my recipe anything spectacular. I have only ever made it on the stovetop, so this is something different for me.

2 cans chunk light tuna in water, drained
    1 can cream of mushroom soup (low sodium)
    some milk - amount to be determined
    light butter - amount to be determined
    chopped onion
    100% whole wheat pasta
    sprinkle some weight watchers shredded cheese on top
    sprinkle crushed whole wheat saltine crackers on top

Hopefully it's good AND husband-approved! :laugh:
    98575.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary