I like to know what people eat. . .

Options
I am not very brilliant at putting meals together. So I love getting helpful ideas from others. It helps me to open up my food choices and it motivates me to not be discouraged when cooking or putting together foods. What are some of your ideas. . .?

I started posting some pictures of what I eat to help anyone who needs some ideas. . . More will come but it takes some time to upload all these photos!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/megansoriano/

ALSO: I love simple Ideas because I am so busy! Like. . .pretzels and mustard. Genius!

Replies

• cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    When a person says they just dont know what to think of preparing, I suggest to them that they should designate each night a type of food from....say a foreign country!
    Monday - Mexican
    Tuesday - Thai
    Wednesday - Italy
    Thursday - England
    Friday - American
    Saturday - China
    Sunday - Portugal...

Take a common ingredient that everyone in the house likes, and sit down with each other and crack open some cook books to get some ideas with that ingredient in mind... Great way to share family time together, the kids feel like they are part of the decision making, AND you can change the country of choice per day for a new country! India, Africa, Russia, Australia, Canada, Singapore.. the ideas are ENDLESS and VERY EASY... it just requires effort on people's part.

I work as a chef so creating dishes is never a problem... and thank goodness I have a husband who will try everything! LOL!
  • TrinaCanDoThis
    Options
    That banana smoothie looks delicious. Did you cut the apple in small pieces before blending? I'm going to have to try that. Thanks for posting. Today, I ate a chicken, avocado and turkey bacon on whole wheat toast. It was pretty tasty. I used up more calories than expected but was sooo worth it. Next time, I'll get skinny bread, cut back on the chicken breast portion and not use mayo...I'm sure that will scale it back to 300 cals and that's a nice lunch count if I do say so myself!
  • megansoriano
    Options
    That banana smoothie looks delicious. Did you cut the apple in small pieces before blending? I'm going to have to try that. Thanks for posting. Today, I ate a chicken, avocado and turkey bacon on whole wheat toast. It was pretty tasty. I used up more calories than expected but was sooo worth it. Next time, I'll get skinny bread, cut back on the chicken breast portion and not use mayo...I'm sure that will scale it back to 300 cals and that's a nice lunch count if I do say so myself!

I cut the apple into chunks. Just enough to cut out the core and dropped it in. It was very smooth and yes very delicious! I do like your chicken avocado dish. I will try that very soon :) Thanks!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I have over 50 cookbooks and used to keep a food blog... but I've always favored very simple meals. A smaller portion of meat with a couple of different veggies, a simple salad and half a sweet potato is a great meal.