Lunch Ideas

Options
i need some low calorie lunch ideas. It needs to be something that i can bring to work. i am so tired of lean cuisines, "boring salads" and sandwiches. PLEASE HELP!!

Replies

• rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    this certainly isn't a full lunch but i love adding a hard boiled egg white to my lunch. its less than 20 calories but has protein and is fairly filling. i am not sure if you are tired of sandwiches in general or just boring ones bc i usually added lettuce tomato and mustard to my sandwiches when i had to bring this summer
  • mizzcase
    Options
    Baby carrots and cucumbers with hummus.
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    make your salads "fun"
    I add just about every veggie in the fridge,from broccoli to snap peas.
    Add things like leftover chicken or steak or top with tuna or an egg. Buy "salad crispers" or fancy croutons to add a carb,or buy a new exciting salad dressing.
    I am big on salad for lunch since breakfast is usually high carb and dinner is usually high cal for me
  • learningtolove
    Options
    double post
  • msShari1
    Options
    Try switching up the bread for your sandwiches. Wraps, pitas, buns, thick bread, etc.
  • duchesspam
    duchesspam Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Can't make any suggestions right now. I usually take leftovers. I'll be watching this thread because I'm looking for new ideas too!
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt.... then again I get lunch at 9:30am and couldn't imagine eating much less that early!
  • leemarie324
    leemarie324 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    i like to bring soup, select harvest from campbells are pretty good, and are about 110 calories and i add in 5 crackers which is 60 calories..or i'll make a turkey burger the night before for lunch...
  • learningtolove
    Options
    oh,I also like to spice up a traditional chicken salad by adding spinach,tomato and onion and curry powder,its super yummy and tastes dreamy on a wrap.
  • learningtolove
    Options
    err,double post again.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    *weird. I selected "edit," and it totally reposted.... sorry.
  • jewels_1964
    Options
    I add tuna to my salads. Try spaghetti squash with a little tomato sauce and parmesan cheese or a sweet potato with a little butter and brown sugar
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    peppers and hummus, and maybe a few pita chips to boot. YUM!

(hummus is how peppers are meant to be eaten).

I also like things like peanut butter and banana quesadillas. It's a high fiber tortilla spread with a TBSP of peanut butter, a banana sliced long way three times placed on half, drizzled with a touch of honey, and then folded over. Then fried (no oil) to a nice toasty outside on each side. *I'm not sure about how this would hold up for you to take to work; I didn't read that closely at first.

Also yummy is a sandwich roll up: grilled chicken cut into slices, some cranberry mustard or hot sweet mustard (or whatever kind of mustard/dressing you like), fresh spinach, peppers, etc. and rolled up.

Hummus is also good wrapped up in a tortilla with some peppers--add some extra fiber without a lot of calories (they're 71 calories each if you find my brand-Ole Xtreme Wellness).
  • eras616
    eras616 Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks for these great ideas!