Fluctuating weight

Hi,

Can anyone help me? - I have noticed that my weight fluctuates quite a bit, and usually not the way I expect it to. For example, for the past 2 weeks I have worked out 4-5 times each week, which is an increase from my typical 2-3 workouts. I will admit, with the holidays I did indulge in some treats but overall controlled what I ate and did decently. Today when I stepped on the scale it said I gained 5.5 lbs from my last weigh in 2 weeks ago. Is that possible? I used to weigh myself 1x/week but am trying to do it less often now (every other week) because the fluctuations have really frustrated me in the past. Does anyone have anything to say about this? And does anyone have any tips for how I can have at least a little bit of success early on so I can focus on continuing rather than "starting over" all the time? I am really frustrated and have been struggling with this for years.

Thanks!

Replies

• wsr94
    wsr94 Posts: 14
    And also- a few weeks ago I suddenly lost 4 lbs when I thought I wasn't doing the best job... it doesn't make sense to me. Am I too impatient about results? Do losses/gains occur weeks after the effort or sooner? Thanks again for the help.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    If you are using a digital scale, be cautious, you need to put it in the exact same place and stand on it the same way. Try it some time, weigh, move it a bit and weigh again. If you weight is different then make sure it isn't in a different spot each time. Also, water can make a huge difference, too much or too little and if you had too much salt and not enough water, it can mean you are carrying a lot of water.