Spinning out of control

Options
2»

Replies

• 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    You have to change your mindset. This is easier said than done, I know. My husband was hospitalized and/or had surgeries/procedures 9 times last year. That's a whole other story. Point being is I know how stress can affect you. When he was in the hospital, eating well was sometimes a challenge & exercise often got/gets pushed aside.

I think I do okay because I really, really try to focus on just doing the best I can under the circumstances. I'm not perfect, no one is. Remember this: if you gain weight, eat crap, don't exercise, the stresses around you will still be there! But the good news is that if you eat well & try to do your best, you'll be feel better at dealing with it. I think when I was able to grab a salad, lean chicken sandwich, etc when Mr. 2b was in the hospital, it gave me energy to deal with it.

Everyone has a story: a sick family member, financial stresses, job stresses, family problems, something. Taking care of yourself will help you deal with it better than if you don't.

I hope I made sense. I'm not the best writer, but I try. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with those who recommended exercise. When I'm super stressed, I put on the sweats, crank up my favorite tunes on the iPod, and head out for a power walk. It's amazing how much it helps. I also think that meditation/yoga/relaxation can help a ton. Over the summer, I was struggling with anxiety/stress, and I purchased a biofeedback device that helps with deep breathing. It is very helpful when used regularly - especially when I'm having extra stress/anxiety. It's called Stress Eraser and I bought it on Amazon.
  • 29bubbles
    29bubbles Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!! I do the same thing.. stress = ice cream or anything with refined sugar.

I do find,like everyone else, the gym, my free weights at home, and my exersice ball help a ton!!
    Hang in there!!!
    HUGS!
  • MarieRich
    MarieRich Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It's easy to say exercise or go to the gym... and while that might be the ideal choice, sometimes you just want to sink your teeth into something, so............ Why not plan for those times when you just have to put something in your mouth, by planning out some healthy snacks that require a lot of chewing.

Thank you! I know that obviously exercise is the suggestion...but easier said than done sometimes, right? Thank you!