Exercising with an injury

Options
I recently sprained my knee while skiing. I was wondering what type of cardio exercises I can do with out putting pressure on my knee. I have been doing about 35 min of cardio 5 times a week and I don’t want to loose momentum or gain weight. Any suggestions?

Replies

• nschmie32
    Options
    I recently sprained my knee while skiing. I was wondering what type of cardio exercises I can do with out putting pressure on my knee. I have been doing about 35 min of cardio 5 times a week and I don’t want to loose momentum or gain weight. Any suggestions?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    can you put ANY pressure on it? If you can, what about recumbent bike?
    If not, I'm not sure, maybe swimming without any leg kicks? Shadow boxing is execllent too, but it all depends on whether you can put any pressure on it at all.
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    Some gyms have Hand Bikes, don't know what they are really called, but you can pedal with your hands. Or you could do light weight, high rep upper body stuff to get some cardio in.

Have you had your knee checked out. I did that same thing snowboarding and didn't have it checked out and then a couple of years later found I that actually I tore my meniscus.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Swimming.

Use a pull buoy between your legs to keep them from dragging, and only use your arms. You can use paddles on your hands for greater upper body work out.