to few calories?????

Options
ok, so i just finished my food and exercise diary and i was wondering. can someone eat too few calories even if they don't feel hungry. i know i ate about 500 fewer calories than i was suppose to, but i seriously feel good. i don't feel like i over did it. also, the reason it seems like such few calories is cause of my workout....do i did eat more calories, but with the workout they get subtracted from the total....sooooooooooo.....

Replies

• anyonebutmehaha
    Options
    sorry it is hard to tell when you have your food/exercise diary closed. i guess a general sort of answer would be "it is fine for one day but don't do it every day"?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Depends on how many you ate total and how much you worked out. And I second the thought of one day is not a big deal, but I wouldn't make a habit of it.
  • nyspotlight
    Options
    Also - you may find you're hungrier tomorrow. I often am not hungry on a day I do a hard workout, then make up for it by being ravenous the next day. So if you eat those calories the next day, your weekly total still works out.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Have you consumed more than 1200 calories (ignore whether they are earned from exercise or not)?

If so, you're fine.
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    First, I love your username :happy: Secondly, if you're not hungry, I wouldn't force yourself to eat. Your body does, however, need a certain amount of calories to function. Like someone said earlier, I wouldn't make it a habit of always eating too much under. The LOWEST number of net calories ideally would be 1,200 for a female losing weight.
  • si_puedo
    si_puedo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    thx guys.....i'm gonna keep all that in mind:bigsmile:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    sorry it is hard to tell when you have your food/exercise diary closed. i guess a general sort of answer would be "it is fine for one day but don't do it every day"?
    This. Eating too few one day is not going to hurt anything. If you make it a habit it could become harmful.