Diet Soda

Options
First, let me preface this by saying, I know that eventually I will wean off the diet coke and that it's not healthy. I want to focus on one habit at a time, though. Has anyone successfully lost without **completely** cutting out diet soda?

Replies

• jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I have a diet coke every 6 months or so...
  • Purplegirl0670
    Options
    I have Diet Rite several times a week. Usually no more than 1 a day but still several days. So far I have lost 17lbs.
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I know it's now good for me and am really trying hard to get completely off of it, but I drink Diet Pepsi and have lost 45 pounds.
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Yes, absolutely
    Everyone who has been successful secretly drinks can and bottles of diet soda every day once they reached their goals
    They just don't speak about it

wait

No, the answer is no

Truthfully, I don't have a clue

At my house soda is known as the drink of death...LOL HAHAHAH
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I have Coke Zero a few times a week.....
  • Pappabacon
    Pappabacon Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I lost 45 lbs doing Lindora (low carb) while drinking diet coke. I recently gave up soda altogether, so we'll see how it goes.
  • careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I still drink diet sodas but I try to limit them to one every other day or longer. It is hard but once you start to kick the habit it will get easier. I have been working out for about 18 weeks now and have lost 18 pounds. For me I have been able to lose weight and still indulge in a diet soda. Just keep working at it - you will get there.
  • linkman11
    Options
    Try Zevia natural diet soda...I'm a diet coke lover, and it's really easy to transition to Zevia
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love taste of diet pepsi but strictly limit myself to 1 per day. The sodium levels are too high. Maintaining healthy lifestyle going well.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I am ADDICTED to Pepsi Max more than I was the cigarettes. Lol.

In October my husband told me I had to quit the Pepsi as I drink 2-4L a day, I told him I would rather quit the smokes, he smirked thinking "Yea, okay." I have been smoke free for nearly two month now. Lol.

I have an agreement with myself, when I have finished my last bottle (I have about 250ml left) I am only allowed to drink Coke/Pepsi when I am in a bar/restaurant and I am not allowed to purchase it in bottle form.

No idea if it will work but here's trying.

I know of people who have weaned off it and failed miserably as they "won't have one tomorrow if I can have another today".

I am going to go 'cold turkey'. I can do it with smokes so I WILL do it with this. Lol.

If you find a method that works, please let me know in case I fail. Lol.

Good luck. X
  • flsunshine
    flsunshine Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    ive been trying to wean myself from diet sodas to- i dont really like coffee in the am so i drink me 2 diets instead so far im migrating to coffee slowly so its only 1 diet in the am then a cup of coffee on my way to work- i might drink a cup of diet if i chose to eat out for lunch which is about 1 a week pending on my work schedule or i will get 1 from the vending machine from work for lunch instead.
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    X
  • michellelfblm
    Options
    I personally think diet soda is the devil.

Maybe I am particularly sensitive to them, but last year I stopped drinking my usual daily dose of Diet Coke and had splitting migraines for a few weeks. Now if I have an occasional Coke, I will get cravings and a headache the next day :(

Water is so much better!!!
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    There's no evidence whatsoever that diet soda is unhealthy to drink. The only thing to watch out for at all is the sodium content.... any "studies" that claim ill effects by aspartame have been blown out of the water when peer reviewed. Its a bunch of scare mongering that keeps re-propagating itself through public consciousness without any basis in fact.
  • vcreinert
    Options
    Diet soda is OK as long as you replace what you drink with additional water (same amount). Watch the sodium.
  • lisajwill
    Options
    I have to have my Diet Coke. I dont drink or smoke ,so this is my one vice. I am on the 17 Day Diet , and I am having sucess. I still drink 2 large diet cokes a day from Mcdonald"s. It is one habit I am not giving up.
  • chicklidell
    Options
    I have to admit....I have a almost completely clean diet, no refined sugar, severely restricted complex carbs, high protein, low fat, low sodium, I drink 10+ glasses of water a day....BUT I have for the last at least 10 years had my 1 can of diet decaffeinated coke ever single day! hahaha! and it hasn't hurt me not one bit...20mg of sodium is next to nothing less then 1% of daily recommended intake.
  • localatte
    localatte Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I used to buy diet coke by the case and never was without it. . I drank diet coke, daily, for YEARS, and strangely enough, it was the easiest thing I've ever let go of; I'm still amazed that it was the easiest habit break, for me. I found that what I really liked was the carbonation I switched to sparkling water for a while, and then stopped buying that regularly too.

I went nearly about a year without ever having a single soda. Now, I have one about once a week, and I never ever buy a case, or a 6-pack, I only buy one soda. It's a great treat and it's like a legal cheat for me when I want something special.
  • richelle67
    Options
    I use to drink 5-6 20 oz bottles of dt pepsi a day.(My husband works for pepsi). Dec. 2010, I got strep throat very bad. I couldnt drink diet pepsi as it burned my throat. After not drinking it for several days cuz I was sick, I decided to quit. Needless to say, I suffered miserable headaches/migranes for almost 6 weeks. But the postive part, I started to drink lots of water which is better for me! If you decide to quit, you may want to ween yourself off slowly so you don't suffer from the headaches. Good luck!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I drink 6-10/day and have lost 30 lbs.