A small success, but it feels great!

jljohnson
jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
edited September 19 in Success Stories
I have a horrible sweet tooth, and zero willpower. That combination is usually what sabotages all of my weight loss efforts. That being said, I'm pretty proud of this small success - Someone brought cupcakes into work yesterday morning. I walked past them several times during the day and consciously told myself "No" each time. I didn't have one.

Replies

• jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    I have a horrible sweet tooth, and zero willpower. That combination is usually what sabotages all of my weight loss efforts. That being said, I'm pretty proud of this small success - Someone brought cupcakes into work yesterday morning. I walked past them several times during the day and consciously told myself "No" each time. I didn't have one.
  • congrats!!!!! I am the same way... but I have found a few treats that work (in terms of calories and my sweet tooth) Klondike makes an ice cream bar with about 150 calories and NO sugar... slim-a-bear... and they are GREAT! so next time you MUST have a sweet treat you could try them :flowerforyou:
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    That is AWESOME, i would've eaten it and then had a salad for dinner so congrats!!!!:blushing:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Congratulations!!! I know just the kind of mental struggle you've probably been going through.

I keep a bar of very dark chocolate, broken into bit sized pieces, in a jar in my desk at work so that when situations like you describe happen I will reward myself with that piece of dark chocolate and savor my success. I get to satisfy my sweet tooth in a good and healthy way.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Great job!! :drinker:

Mind over matter! :smokin:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Way to go! It's all about OUR choices.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    I feel for you on this one! WTG! Sweets are like my kryptonite!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Congrats, that is great.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!