my feet

Options
my feet keep swelling. i dont drink drinks or no kind of sugary drinks. i dont eat salt but i try to stay in my sodium limit. i am with TOM right now. do i have to eat less sodium?

Replies

• FierceFitBeautiful
    Options
    I would see a doctor. I don't know a whole lot about feet swelling, but I know that edema can be a sign of a more serious problem, especially if you are changing your lifestyle and the problem is still occurring. Not to scare you! Best of luck and stay healthy! xx

Also, here's a link to check out: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003104.htm
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    if you're on your period, you're probably just retaining water. reduce your sodium and wait till you get off your period. if it doesn't change with increased water intake and decreased sodium intake, you might want to look at other causes for the problem.
  • lala4u
    lala4u Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ok thk u
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    Go see a doctor. As a nurse I can tell you that the problem could be as simple as excess salt intake, and as complicated as heart failure. But, I can't SEE you, so please see a doctor. Hope it's better soon. xo
  • BuffERRN
    BuffERRN Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Go see a doctor. As a nurse I can tell you that the problem could be as simple as excess salt intake, and as complicated as heart failure. But, I can't SEE you, so please see a doctor. Hope it's better soon. xo

Agreed... In the mean time while you are waiting to see a doctor, stay off you feet when you can and elevate them. The elevation will help with bring the excess fluid to up into your central circulation where is should be! Hope it goes well and it is nothing serious!

( there are a lot of us nurses out there!)