Scale went flying...any suggestions on a good replacement?

Options
Ok, so the doctor's office has been showing me a steady decline in my weight and I'm feeling pretty darned good about that. I have been looking at my scale in complete disbelief, stepping off and back on again, just in case the needle got stuck on a lower weight than what I am. Co-workers are telling me they can see the weight loss and I am feeling a bit better, then the darned scale at home says I'm five pounds heavier. NOOOOOOO!!!!! I cry out and try that step off and back on trick again. Maybe one of the cats is standing on the back of the scale! No, the cats are laying on the floor with their smug little cat smiles switching their tails like I am great amusement! I entertain thoughts of giving my scale a flight lesson and go to the doctor's appointment depressed, and ready to ask what went wrong, yet I step on theirs and Wah hoo! I actually lost two pounds, not gained five! (sidenote, doctors recommend you wait to get OFF their scale before you do a happy dance) so now I am looking for a new scale to use at home.

So anyone have suggestions of what is not expensiive but does a very good job. I am ready to part ways with this trick playing mean little scale. :0)

Replies

• winslow44238
    Options
    Just an added note here. I have a small place, so I've been trying to get by with a small scale I can tuck away in the kitchen. I am looking to get a new scale to replace the now broken one. No, I didn't really send it on a flight lesson and I only did the happy dance on it a couple times before it made me cry. I know the best scale would be like the one in the doctor's office, but I don't have the space for one. Any advice on what others recommend would be appreciated.
  • jtmh2012
    jtmh2012 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think I need a new one too. Can't wait to see all the suggestions. :)
  • winslow44238
    Options
    I am not sure if I need one that also measures water content or not...Saw that today too.
  • jtmh2012
    jtmh2012 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My biggest issue is I want one that is accurate. The one I have now, I can step on and off and get a different measurement each time. I understand ones weight fluctuates through the day, but if I step on, weigh myself, step off, step back on, and weigh myself again, I shouldn't get a variation.