17 Day Diet

Options
I have just started the 17 Day Diet seen on the show The Doctors and Dr Phil. I would love to know if anyone else is on this diet. It seems to really be working for me.

Replies

• asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Hi-- havent seen either show. Is the diet available on the web?
  • Fedup85
    Fedup85 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just started. I'm excited to see the results. My mother told me about her coworker who lost a lot of weight with it.
  • GreatGrace
    GreatGrace Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I did it this summer. During the first phase he lost 18 pounds. I only made it to day 10 and lost 8 pounds. It is a good diet if you can get over only eating poultry, eggs, tuna, white fish and turkey for protein during the first phase. Your only carbs are before 3pm and can only be eaten as certain fruits and low sugar yogurt. Weight loss for both of us came mostly out of our mid-sections. Good luck! I like the philosophy behind it.
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Thanks much!
  • jrhose
    jrhose Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started the diet on New Years Day. So I'm on day 4 and have lost 3 pounds. I have done South Beach in the past, which worked but this last time I did it, I got horrible headaches from the extreme lack of sugar. On this diet, I have not felt any adverse affects like headaches or anything.

Doing the diet and logging everything, I realized I was eating around 1000 calories a day! And so I would eat some additional lean protein.

I have been exercising at least 30 minutes a day as well.
  • missyfog
    Options
    I started 2 days ago and love it...This is after doing the Dukan Diet...So love it so far. Do you find that your calories on this site are coming up super short?
  • missyfog
    Options
    I don't think so, you should get the book and workbook for it at Barnes and Noble...worth it!