olive garden

Options
To those of you who are like me and you didn't know...
Olive Garden has a "Garden Fare" menu!!!

I found a Shrimp Primavera meal that was delicious!!! The lunch portion was big enough for me to eat 1/2 and take the other half home. Its 510 calories, but of course if you only eat 1/2 that's only 205 cal. I only ate one breadstick (which is way more calories than it should be).

Just wanted to share. :happy:

Replies

• leshawnturner
    Options

I found a Shrimp Primavera meal that was delicious!!! The lunch portion was big enough for me to eat 1/2 and take the other half home. Its 510 calories, but of course if you only eat 1/2 that's only 205 cal. I only ate one breadstick (which is way more calories than it should be).

• Binxy2004
    Binxy2004 Posts: 65
    Options
    sounds yummy! i love olive garden!
  • clairegl
    clairegl Posts: 82
    Options
    Be careful relying on exacts from a restaurant. I work in a restaurant, not there, but I know from experience, the people in back cooking are NOT measuring portions so use those numbers as a rough estimate and definitely round up generously. Just to be on the safe side. Sounds yummy though.
    :wink:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I am impressed Olive Garden was one of the stickler resturants that didn't have a section for Nutrition on their site. I see that is now available! On top of some healthier options!

:drinker:
  • Cerabell18
    Cerabell18 Posts: 124
    Options
    Not many people know this but you can request wheat pasta for almost any dish on the Olive Garden menu. You can also request breadsticks plain and the dressing on the side of the salad.

When they bring out a salad for 2 people, the server's are only supposed to put on 2 "scoops" of dressing but will often add more because people will say that the salad is dry (only because it wasn't mixed properly). The small salad will often contain 1/2 cup or more of dressing on it! They also offer fat-free ranch as well if you don't care for the vinigarette and will add it to the salad instead if you prefer.

The minestrone soup is great for those of us watching our calories. It is low in calories and big on vegetables.

One of my favorite dishes at the Olive Garden is the Pasta Primadora with grilled chicken and olives. Its on the healthy fare menu, you have to request grilled chicken and olives but it is great!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Seriously! ANY Olive Garden will have wheat pasta! That would be awesome! I was just pondering on that...I gave up white pasta.

:bigsmile:
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options

I don't want to sound like a stickler but half of 510 is 255 not 205. That could make a big difference. I usually get the minestrone which is about 100 calories and have 1 breadstick
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I can not go to Olive garden without eating a breadstick with my minestrone. Yummy!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I can't go to olive garden without eating a MILLION breadsticks!!! They're so good! :blushing:
  • leshawnturner
    Options

I don't want to sound like a stickler but half of 510 is 255 not 205. That could make a big difference. I usually get the minestrone which is about 100 calories and have 1 breadstick

I stand corrected it is 255; however I'd still take 255 cal over 510 cal anyday. :smile:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

50 calories could make a big difference?? c'mon you're teasing right? most people are off by that amount or more just by not measuring properly, 50 cals is nothing....but anyhoooo, What is this Olive garden??? Might there be one in Orlando that i'll be visiting in three wonderful days? I would like to try this place out, there isn't one in Ontario that I know of, thinking it's only in the states....price point anyone? are we talking under 20.00 a meal here?
  • apeninhand4life
    apeninhand4life Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    yes olive garden is only in the states and yes its about 20 bucks or so a person after drinks .. but you can go for less.. my only advice is if your weak willed just stay away .. the breadsticks your reading about on here are way high in cal's.. and you will want to eat more then one.. and other then a few items that were mentioned on here most of the menue is high cal and high fat... and everything on the menue is awesome.. so if you have a hard time fighting the temptation just stay away ... its to easy to cheat at an olive garden and then youll just feel bad .. especialy if your on vacation just a thought
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I just went there and got a new Venetian Apricot Chicken - I ate one piece of chicken and some veggies and saved the rest - the calorie thing online said it was 320 for the whole thing. It was AMAZING!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I went Saturday with friends.
    Had the Ravioli di Portabello (mushroom ravioli in a sun dried tomato cream sauce).
    Probably 800 calories in the lunch portion, easily.
    Then I had a piece of their newest chocolate cake. :laugh:
    Probably TWICE the calories in that dish!!

Cheat days are cheat days for a reason.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden is one of the most tastey places I've ever gone. Of course that is for very special occassions for us. Like Prom night...(only about 10 years ago) and I went once on a date with my husband about 4 years ago. So if I'm only gonna go once every serveral years I'm gonna enjoy myself and pick whatever I want.

Then I'll bring half of it home for the next day.:blushing:
  • LauraK216
    LauraK216 Posts: 104
    Options

50 calories could make a big difference?? c'mon you're teasing right? most people are off by that amount or more just by not measuring properly, 50 cals is nothing....but anyhoooo, What is this Olive garden??? Might there be one in Orlando that i'll be visiting in three wonderful days? I would like to try this place out, there isn't one in Ontario that I know of, thinking it's only in the states....price point anyone? are we talking under 20.00 a meal here?

Yes, they have them in Orlando! I'm about 45mins south of there and Orlando has, literally, everything!! I say go and try it out! It is one of my favorite places to go!!