Would like a weight loss buddy

Options
Hi, I am new to this, I am 26 yrs old, mom of 2 kids which I had in a row :grumble: basically I spent 2 years being pregnant. After my second son which is 364 days apart from the first one I did lose some weight. I went down from 260lbs to 220lbs now and that was since October 2007. Feels pretty good considering I wasn't really trying to lose it I just changed a bit of habits. I had started working out with a friend last year but she kept slacking off and not showing up or always late. I know I can do this on my own but I am busy with the two kids, work, the house, etc that most times I get side tracked and I don't work out.

I guess basically what I am looking for is someone who can stay on with me and expect changes as we both take measurements and weigh in each week, 2weeks, etc whatever we decide.

Since I don't have a partner who sees my #'s or pushes me to keep going I sorta do the "I'll worry about it later" or "I'll start tomorrow" you know those excuses.

Or if there is a group that is doing a challenge or whatever I'd like to know. I think if someone is expecting it from me I will keep on track.

Thanks guys

Replies

• creativeideas
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this, I am 26 yrs old, mom of 2 kids which I had in a row :grumble: basically I spent 2 years being pregnant. After my second son which is 364 days apart from the first one I did lose some weight. I went down from 260lbs to 220lbs now and that was since October 2007. Feels pretty good considering I wasn't really trying to lose it I just changed a bit of habits. I had started working out with a friend last year but she kept slacking off and not showing up or always late. I know I can do this on my own but I am busy with the two kids, work, the house, etc that most times I get side tracked and I don't work out.

I guess basically what I am looking for is someone who can stay on with me and expect changes as we both take measurements and weigh in each week, 2weeks, etc whatever we decide.

Since I don't have a partner who sees my #'s or pushes me to keep going I sorta do the "I'll worry about it later" or "I'll start tomorrow" you know those excuses.

Or if there is a group that is doing a challenge or whatever I'd like to know. I think if someone is expecting it from me I will keep on track.

Thanks guys
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hiya I urge you to check out our team on here called Bring It!! we are all about pushing and making no excuses you may enjoy it..we do a bit on clean eating as well...here is the link hope to see you there :drinker: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/42346-bring-it-part-ii-team-no-excuses
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    hey! i'd love to have a weight loss buddy.

i'm 21, and have 2 kids that are 14 months apart. my son will be 2 at the end of march, my daughter 1 in the beginning of june.

i have a lot to lose, and having a hard time staying motivated.

i'm a member of curves, and i go there 3 times a week. i weigh myself weekly, and then they measure monthly. i've also been trying to stick to doing some workout videos when i have the chance
  • abermingham
    Options
    I would love to have a buddy as well to help me be accountable, I could do the same for you! I know I am going to need some help, I have 45 lbs to lose, just joined yesterday. thinking about all that weight to lose is so scary, i am not a mom, but a stay at home housewife right now and we are looking to get pregnant soon, but i do not want to have the extra weight on when i do so i am doing this now to hopefully get pregnant in the future. Your picture is beautiful! Keep it up!
  • creativeideas
    Options
    Thanks ! well I measured myself yesterday and even though I had pizza I was able to stay in my calorie range. I know, I shouldn't have had pizza! but it was a long day and I didn't have time for dinner.

So I have my measurements and weight in so whoever wants to start with me lets exchange these #'s and see what we can do in 2 weeks!

:drinker:
  • abermingham
    Options
    ok, i will measure today and get the numbers in, my weight's in and at 185 with 45lbs to go!
  • creativeideas
    Options
    Okay I put up a blog post with my measurements, then in two weeks I will go in and edit and put in the new ones underneath that way everyone can see if I slacked off!

Now I am off to make one of those ticker things.
  • creativeideas
    Options
    Well guys thanks to two special friends on here =) I have been doing soooo good I even amaze myself lol I have kept my calories at 1360 and all my fats and sugars in check, water, everything.

I have to admit I have slacked on the exercise just because I am so drained from the two little ones but I have been alot more active with both of them. I try and run and play with them, run up the stairs when I go get them out of bed or naps...etc

This past weekend I went to the fair, Saturday and I had nothing to eat there just a taste of 2 things. I ate at home. I got a work out that day running around with the kids, and I mean literally running around lol

I did dance 40 minutes on Mon and Tues, and Thurs I went for a 30 speed walk with my son and dog. Today I did the 30 min speed walk, I did 15 min on elliptical and also some strength training work out so I go in about 1hr 30 min of exercise today. I feel gooooood!!!!

Thanks again guys! I think it's been the first whole week that I actually do this without it being a drag or falling off the wagon!