ORGANIC

Options
sarah307
sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
What are your thoughts?

Why did you go organic?

What kinds of foods and products do you use that are organic?

I have been researching information ALL NIGHT LONG!

Any info from personal experiences would be greatly appreciated!!! :D

I want to be chemical free !!!

Replies

• HealthyAcademic
    HealthyAcademic Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I focus on eating local first. This is the most important to me. I can ask a local farmer how they grow something which means I can often get chemical free food that the farmer just can't afford to get certified as organic (it takes a lot of time and money). Plus I am reducing the carbon footprint of my food.

Then I look at the dirty dozen.

After that, I look at price.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    So, sorry but I don't have time to answer your questions right now, but here's a link you may find helpful in determining some purchases if you decide you would like to buy at least some organic produce:

http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary/

EWG composes new lists each year and they can change, so it's good to look into the new list each year.
  • jomudd
    jomudd Posts: 19
    Options
    Have you read "the eat clean diet" book? AMAZING!!! I started going organic when I noticed some behavior issues with my oldest daughter. I do not want to medicate her if I could help it, I did some research and came accross these books. Turns out much of it can
    and is controlled by diet, I took her off of dairy and it was like another kid!!! She started doing better in school, trimming down, and just was more pleasant. I wondered if maybe we could all benefit from these changes....we feel sooooo much better. We aren't 100%, yet, there are habits we need to break, but I wish you luck and enjoyment on your journey!!! Next stop for us, veganism.... if i can talk them into it!! hahaha
  • sarah307
    Options
    thanks for the information!!! :) I appreciate it !
  • sarah307
    Options
    thanks for the information!!! :) I appreciate it !
  • sarah307
    Options
    Have you read "the eat clean diet" book? AMAZING!!! I started going organic when I noticed some behavior issues with my oldest daughter. I do not want to medicate her if I could help it, I did some research and came accross these books. Turns out much of it can
    and is controlled by diet, I took her off of dairy and it was like another kid!!! She started doing better in school, trimming down, and just was more pleasant. I wondered if maybe we could all benefit from these changes....we feel sooooo much better. We aren't 100%, yet, there are habits we need to break, but I wish you luck and enjoyment on your journey!!! Next stop for us, veganism.... if i can talk them into it!! hahaha

amazing!! I really want to detox myself of free radicals, change mental focus, and alleviate depression / anxiety symptoms. Which I have heard that all these chemicals in our environment and what we are feeding ourselves are just not helping any of those things !
  • jomudd
    jomudd Posts: 19
    Options
    farmers markets are amazing places to find local produce, much of which is chemical free. I enjoy going to the health food stores and loading up on spices, herbs, gluten free flours, seeds, and remember if it doesnt have a mother, or roots....its probably not good for you. If a product has to write "natural" on its package...its probably not