21 and trying to lose weight!

Hello everyone, as the title says, I recently turned 21 and am trying to get into better shape and feel good and confidant about the way I look. If anyone has any tips on how to balance going out and having drinks on the weekend, all while keeping under the calories, and keeping up on my fitness! Feel free to add! It'll be nice to have more people to motivate/be motivated by!!!
Thanks
Melody

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    You can do it! I've lost 60 pounds in my 21st year. I don't drink though, so I can't help you there.
  • abby1791
    abby1791 Posts: 34 Member
    I turn 21 on Saturday, so I'll be interested to see how people respond to this question! Thanks for bringing it up!
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    A lot of people stick to low calorie drinks (like vodka with sprite or using diet sodas, etc,etc) but I find those so boring and prefer to just drink whatever I want. Just try to balance it out I guess. Drinking every once and a while isn't too bad. Maybe workout extra on the days you know you'll be out drinking to make up for it.
  • Hey, I'm 20... 21 in June and have lost just over 20lbs (feel free to add me) best drinking tips.. Dance the night away and I usually stick to vodka and soda water as my drink of choice to keep calories low :)

Chrissie
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Hi there. I'm 23 and have lost 70lbs. I party really hard at the weekends as my little boy goes to his dads. I don't track it, I can't remember what I have so I just leave it. I don't tend to eat much for the next day or so, it seems to balance out for me. I've come away from the holidays 7lbs lighter as I've been drinking rather than eating. It's not the best way to do it, I don't recommened it, but thats how it works for me.