should I eat these calories?

Options
For about 6 months out of the year, I ride my bike to and from work on average, 4 days a week. In the past, when I wasn’t counting calories, I was surprised that I never noticed any weight fluctuation when I went from driving to riding or back to driving. It takes me about 12-15 minutes each way and I don’t go very fast because I’m not doing it for exercise and don’t want to have to shower when I’m done. The calculator says this should still burn 70 calories each way, so 140 for the day. Since I haven’t noticed any benefit from this exercise previously and I go at a leisurely pace, I’m wondering if I should even track it. What would you do?

Replies

• srenshaw
    srenshaw Posts: 8
    Options
    For about 6 months out of the year, I ride my bike to and from work on average, 4 days a week. In the past, when I wasn’t counting calories, I was surprised that I never noticed any weight fluctuation when I went from driving to riding or back to driving. It takes me about 12-15 minutes each way and I don’t go very fast because I’m not doing it for exercise and don’t want to have to shower when I’m done. The calculator says this should still burn 70 calories each way, so 140 for the day. Since I haven’t noticed any benefit from this exercise previously and I go at a leisurely pace, I’m wondering if I should even track it. What would you do?
  • gperry227
    gperry227 Posts: 93
    Options
    I would track it.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I would count them since you don't do it everyday, but you do it more than once a week
  • drewzaun
    drewzaun Posts: 111
    Options
    It depends on your exertion level, and it sounds as if you are not working hard on those rides. If I am not getting my heart rate up than I do not count it, but that is just me...