So ready to give up!!

Options
2»

Replies

• 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Most of the folks I know go up & down on the scale as they lose weight. I know it's been true for me. I'll go up a couple, down a couple, then down some more and so on and so on. But the overall trend is down & that is what matters. Remember too, even when you hit your goal weight, fluctuations are normal. Exercise, sodium in your diet, climate, waste in your belly ....lots of reasons for the scale to fluctuate.

Bottom line, don't give up. You're getting some ideas from other MFP'ers here, my message is just to cheer you on! :smile:
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am toning and my clothes are getting bigger on me, but I have always looked at the scale as measuring.

Take the measuring tape girl, I'm sure you're down several inches, sometimes it's hard. You could also try doing a different workout routine, dancing or something different, so your body doesn't get used to the same. :D
  • annarouni
    annarouni Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I wish I had lost 34 pounds! That is no small feat by anyone's measure, so feel the JOY of success. And by persevering you can enjoy reaching more goals in the days and weeks ahead. You can do it, Connie!
  • raven23uk
    raven23uk Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Just had a go at Walk walk thinging it was her giving up and gave her a good telling off so this is for you.
    You dare give up and we'll all give you a telling off
  • BundangKiwiGal
    BundangKiwiGal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice given here! Don't give up. Identify the problem area and push through.
    We're all here for support :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Zig-zagging your calories AND your exercise (don't do the same thing every day for either, just aim for 3500-7000 calorie per week deficit and a change in your exercise routine at least weekly) may help.

Check out the Olivia Method thread on the General Diet & Weight Loss forum for one idea of how to keep track of your calorie deficit.
  • ShrinkRapt451
    ShrinkRapt451 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Oops. Double post!