Water - Cold or Warm?

Options
I know alot of people recommend to drink water, but I just want to ask, which way is the best way to drink water? Warm or cold?

Replies

• mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    There is a real, albeit small, benefit to drinking ice cold water. Consuming cold water cools down your body's core temperature,and your body needs to work harder to get back to normal operating temp. There is reasonable evidence that drinking enough ice cold water, maybe one liter twice a day, can stimulate brown adipose tissue into running at a higher state for longer periods of time.

All in all, this is a small metabolic benefit, but it is real. There are many times when chugging a liter of ice cold water would be bad for you, so this is by no means an absolute.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    ^^^^If ice had a calorie attached to it it would be -10.
    Cold water helps metabolism and is shown to have better benefits to waking you up in the morning than coffee!
    So before I have my coffee in the morning I drink a glass of ice water first!
    =D
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    ice cold beverages slow your metabolism. Room temp is always best.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    umm i go for WET! then gotta be cold yuk to warm water :sick:
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    Room temp, except when I'm working out in the gym or at home and get really, really hot.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    ice cold beverages slow your metabolism. Room temp is always best.

I've heard the opposite. Ice cold beverages force your body to warm them up. Therefore, you burn calories by drinking ice water. That said, the number of calories is pretty small and probably not worth worrying about.
  • divinesaber
    divinesaber Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So both are okay?
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    cold