Slightly silly fruit cup question...

Options
So on my Dole Fruit cups (pears) with 100% juice it says its 90 calories for the cup. Now, I don't drink the juice, just eat the fruit. Does that reduce the calorie content, you think?

I know I'm splitting hairs. Just curious!

Replies

• Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i bet it does.. but probably not by much
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Just forget about it. If it's 90 calories to start with then the fruit juice can't be worth that much. If it's 10 calories for the juice even and you don't log it, over the whole year of doing that every day that's 1lb you lose that you didn't expect.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    So on my Dole Fruit cups (pears) with 100% juice it says its 90 calories for the cup. Now, I don't drink the juice, just eat the fruit. Does that reduce the calorie content, you think?

I know I'm splitting hairs. Just curious!
    The serving counts everything in the container. So, measure how many ounces of juice to exclude, then subtract that number.

But WHY?
    The juice is healthy.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    But WHY?
    The juice is healthy.

this!
  • auntdeedee87
    auntdeedee87 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I like the juice, just not with the pears. It's not me trying to conserve calories, I just don't eat them that way and got on this train of thought last night during a 12 hour boring shift.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I always drink the juice, but I always think of this with other things... like a Lean Cuisine frozen dinner, and I don't eat all the gravy or there is some spaghetti sauce left in the bottom of the tray of lasagna.. yeah things like that happen where you leave a little behind, but it may be only 10-20 calories, especially on something low cal like the fruit or a 300 cal lean cuisine. I wouldn't worry about it, log it anyway, and then you are slightly over estimating your food calories.

Like ellieha said, it's kinda like bonus calories, but you dont want to start thinking about it that way and let yourself eat something more, but if you forget about it then it will only help you stay on your plan and keep your deficit.