Replies

• lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Daily, I know I shouldn't, but I do!
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Once a month at the gym - same scales for consistent reading. More than that, you fluctuate from day to day so not worth it

I broadly agree. I used to weigh myself every day years ago, but have gone to weekly now. Anything more often than weekly really misunderstands the time scale over which weight really changes (i.e. in terms of fat and muscle changes).
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day and monitor my progress with the MFP app.

I read somewhere that it wasn't healthy to do it everyday but I think as long as you stay sensible and only use the outcome as a guide you are fine.
  • fittyfittybumbum
    Options
    I weigh myself way way toooooo much. It felt like an addiction. This was very bad for my motivation bc I did not know that weight fluctuates throughout the day...and month if you're a womyn ;). I would feel very discourage if i saw that number go up which it often did. There were many times when I said "Eff this, I give up!!". Now that I know a lil more about weight fluctuation, I try to limit myself to once a week, usually weighing in in the morning...with a much better attitude.
  • OooLaurenooO
    OooLaurenooO Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, use to be Fridays but then i took a break from MFP so now my weigh-in day is Wednesday mornings literally as soon as i get up. :smile:
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but record weekly or every 10 days. I understand that weight can fluctuate from day to day, and I know I'm eating right and getting plenty of exercise so an overnight drop or gain doesn't faze me. If the scale registers I've dropped a pound from one day to the next and it stays that way for a few days, then I can count on that as a true loss. If after a few days at a weight it registers a pound gain, then I can usually chalk that up to water or waste (or both). I'm paying more attention to my how my body feels, the way my clothes fit and my increased indurance and strength. Those are the things that the scale can never tell you. I stopped relying on it as affirmation of how I'm doing. As long as we keep doing the things we are supposed to do, the numbers on the scale will drop. Until then, enjoy the other benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
  • PreacherRam
    Options
    Every morning when I get up.
  • xx_donna_xx
    Options
    Got some tips there. mite do a progress tracker myself, though the wii does that automically.

Must say but Scale *kitten* made me LOL
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, at the same time of day. Weighing any more frequently than that tends to freak me out because of minor fluctuations that can happen (which don't necessarily relate to fat or muscle gain or loss).