Water water everywhere...

haven't thought about this much until recently. then it occurred to me: consuming lots of water is one of the best ways to suppress the urge to eat excessively. a glass before a meal, a glass after, and you end up cutting back on the volume food consumed. and it's very, very good for the body. it won't address the balance in a diet or a lifestyle of course, but it certainly does help contain the urge to stuff one's face. i think the multi-billion dollar dieting industry would prefer that we don't think about water as a diet aid at all. because it's a simple and uber cheap way of getting the job done: no books, no vids, no classes, no nothing. sorry if this is completely obvious to everyone, but i find it remarkable how simple and powerful and UNDER-EMPHASIZED water is.

Replies

• MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    When I first started drinking water I used to get super hungry but realised when I sat down to eat, I was full up a lot sooner. It really is a great thing. I drink at least 2400ml a day since I have a 600ml water bottle which helps me to drink so much. I often add a splash of squash to add taste as the water around here isn't pleasant tasting but it really does help to eat less as well as keep you hydrated and help muscle recovery. Learned to love the stuff.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    I find the opposite tbh.

When i eat, it makes me thirsty.
    When i drink, it makes me hungry.

Nah, neat water is pretty pointless to me. Ill stick to my tea/coffee :D
  • When I first started drinking water I used to get super hungry but realised when I sat down to eat, I was full up a lot sooner. It really is a great thing. I drink at least 2400ml a day since I have a 600ml water bottle which helps me to drink so much. I often add a splash of squash to add taste as the water around here isn't pleasant tasting but it really does help to eat less as well as keep you hydrated and help muscle recovery. Learned to love the stuff.

Try getting a Brita water filter, it helps massively with the taste of the water, I used to only drink bottled water because of the taste of tap, but I'm saving my parents so much money by drinking filtered