New Here

Options
Hello everyone, I am new hear, not sure on how all this works? I am 38 married with 4 children and I am 317 pounds. I have been watching what I have been eating for the last month and I have only lost 4 pounds, I went to the dr today and he tells me that my growth hormone is extreamly low and that my part of the cause that I am not losing anything and I am going to have to work harder then most. I am trying to stay positive.. I just need to see some kind of improvement.

Replies

• swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am new hear, not sure on how all this works? I am 38 married with 4 children and I am 317 pounds. I have been watching what I have been eating for the last month and I have only lost 4 pounds, I went to the dr today and he tells me that my growth hormone is extreamly low and that my part of the cause that I am not losing anything and I am going to have to work harder then most. I am trying to stay positive.. I just need to see some kind of improvement.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • swignal
    Options
    thank you so much for your incouragement.. I really need it how do you put that waitlose guide on here
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! :flowerforyou:

Keep talking to that doc. Show him your food journals. Have him put you in touch with the right nutritionalist/dietician. I dunno if you need meds to help out or not.... But don't give up. 4lbs lost is 4 lbs lost.... and that would be almost 50lbs in a year!!! Baby steps will get you to your destination, don't forget that!
  • swignal
    Options
    Thank you so much for your inspiration. It really helps. I have been recording everything and I have now increased my work out another day so I am up to 4 days a week now I am hoping to do 5 if I am not in to much pain!! but no pain no gain!! I have increased my cardio to 30 minutes on the bike and I did do the water arobics yesterday for 45 minutes. although I hope I am not over doing it