New to this

Options
I just started this yesterday. My starting weight is 174 and would like to get down to 140. If anyone can give me some inspiration that would be great. Some idea's on how to get there. I have seen some of the before and after pics . Seeing those I know I can do it ..

Replies

• jodigirls
    Options
    we did this once... we can do this again!!!! and you know you got me for support:))
  • Daphnemomof9
    Daphnemomof9 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I wanted to encourage you on your journey. I've only been at it a little over a month, but I have a few ideas. This is actually feeling a bit like a game with my app. My kids have apps and build worlds and gain levels, but this game helps us succeed in life. I started out with just working on making sure I put everything I ate in the diary. It's something to get used to doing first, even if we go over our calories, that's ok, we're on a journey. I did buy a scale to weigh my food so it would be easier to input, but I think just getting the hang of that is the first step. Then you need to find some friends. You can definitely add me. I think friends have made all the difference in the world. We encourage one another and we don't feel so alone. You can also get ideas and tips just by reading the forum and seeing what your friends are doing. Another neat thing about friends is that you can check out their diaries (if they're public, mine is) and see what they're eating and doing for exercise, and get a boost. I've started out walking with Leslie Sansone. She has 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 mile walking workouts that are very doable and feel like you've really accomplished something. You can start out just walking a mile for 18 minutes and go from there. You can do this! Just take baby steps and keep plugging away. It can actually be fun. What's your next baby step going to be?
  • Daphnemomof9
    Daphnemomof9 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Here's a page to read - "14 Tips for Starting and Sticking with a Workout Routine"

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=73
  • andia82
    Options
    Hello, I am new to this...I started MFP this past monday. I have tried different apps and different things and just haven't been motivated. I work with and around food so it makes it double hard to eat right and loose weight. I have 5 kids so by the time I'm home and done with homework I'm tired and it's time to start dinner. I have now realized that I have to make time for myself so I can feel better and look better. I typed something up and put it in my closet with my "goal shorts". I read it every morning so it keeps me motivated. I am starting out at 209 and wish to get to 180 by May 31.