AM/PM motivators

Options
What time of the day when you really start to feel motivated to actually do something? Mine is at 10 am. I'm not much of a morning person..Even though, I wake up at 5:30-6:00 am. :yawn:

Replies

• jferris91
    jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    What time of the day when you really start to feel motivated to actually do something? Mine is at 10 am. I'm not much of a morning person..Even though, I wake up at 5:30-6:00 am. :yawn:
    I dont do mornings! I go to the gym between 8-8:30 pm and stay their between 10 and 11
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I'm at my best between 7:30 and noon. I have a hard time getting moving before then, even though we're often up way earlier than that (yay parenthood), and in the afternoon I just can't seem to do anything. I sometimes get another burst of energy around 5:00 in the evening, but not always.
  • sheresamae
    sheresamae Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am limited to working out during my sons nap time which is around 1230 or in the evenings but if i out it off till evening it doesnt get done ..
  • johnwhitent
    johnwhitent Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    If I'm not exercising by 6:00 AM I feel like my whole day is blown! Exercising after work is a non starter for me.
  • helena9
    helena9 Posts: 34
    Options
    i find it difficult in the afternoon as there always seen to be an excuse or a reason not to work out - usually after a day at work i am absolutely knackered and especially in the winter all i want to do is get home. if i was to go and work out after work, i wouldn't be back until 8pm so i rather do it in the morning. i usually try and get to gym at around 6am two mornings a week and then i go at weekends too :)
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of mornings but I wake up around 6 also. Not by choice! :angry: :grumble:

But by this time (10am) I'm more cheerful. :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'm totally not a morning person... I am not motivated to do anything really until after lunch. LOL I can if I have to... and I have even gone and worked out early in the morning on occasion, but it's not pretty! :P
  • Allyson1985
    Options
    I've always been a rise and shine kind of girl. I'm up and at 'em the second my alarm goes off ... I hit the ground running, I guess.

For me, that's at 5:30 am. :)
  • scarlettd12
    scarlettd12 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Motivation usually happens for me between 11am and 1pm. I tend to sleep til 9-10am (Lucky I know). The I just lounge around with my coffee, checking out the latest on MFP ya know. haha Then I get my butt moving to go to the gym, and then I work nights. I would like to get up earlier and get my butt in gear, but I cannot make myself get up early to go to the gym. Just not happening. But by the time I go to the gym, come back and shower, it's time to work. So I gotta change something.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one that "Just cannot get going" in the mornings. I would love to wake up and start to exercise, but I just cannot seem to get myself to get there. I blame it on the internet reading, replying and posting on MFP. Lol.