Healthy Mexican Inspired Meal!

Options
bgc85
bgc85 Posts: 68
Hey Everyone! I just posted a blog about this, but here are the recipes for my version of Mexican Pizza and Spanish Rice! These two recipes are quick, healthy and BUDGET friendly! If you would like, a picture of the finished product is on the blog. Tactfullysouthern.blogspot.com

Mexican "Pizza"

1 Low Carb Tortilla (I like Mission Low Carb Taco Sized)
1 Wedge Laughing Cow Queso Fresco & Chipotle
1/2 Bag of Southwest Inspired Corn and Black Bean (I seasoned extra with just a little Mrs. Dash Chipotle Blend)
2 Tbsp Sour Cream (Light)

Toast tortilla in small pan then spread cheese on tortilla. Next, top with black bean mix and sour cream! Enjoy!

Spanish Rice
Serves: 4

2 Bags Boil in Bag Basmati Rice (or 2 cups cooked rice)
1 (14 oz) Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
1 cup Onion
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 cup Diced Green Chilies
1/2 cup tomato juice
Salt and Pepper to taste

Saute onion and diced green chilies in a pan with cooking spray. Once cooked, add in diced tomatoes, tomato juice, spices, and rice.Let simmer until all liquid is absorbed.

Spanish rice, 1 serving Calories 186 Carbs 41 Fat 0 Protein 4 Sodium 311 Fiber 0

Replies

• lynne1112
    lynne1112 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What is Bag of Southwest Inspired Corn and Black Bean ?? WHere in the market do you find it? Frozen veggies?

Sounds good, would love to try it!

Thanks
  • bgc85
    bgc85 Posts: 68
    Options
    Lynne (Love the name - It is my middle name! I always say Lynn with an E when people ask) - I found it at Target. It is Archer Farms Brand and was only $1.66 for the bag. It was nicely seasoned straight out of the bag!