Who else is running a 1000+ Year?

Options
2»

Replies

• Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    This has been my goal for the last three years...I also start out strong for the first several months and then fizzle out....this year it's happening, dammit!
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I just started running last year, and did my first half in November. I'm going to try and hit 1,000 miles this year, but not sure it'll be all running. I'm going to track both running and all other modes and see what happens. :)
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I'm going to try! I covered 1130 in 2011 and would love a repeat!
  • BKR1977
    BKR1977 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The last 3 Years I have hit just over 1,100. This year I want to Increase it a little more, 1250 sounds good. If i'm in the U.S. and not deployed I will be doing a trail 50k just before Christams.
    Plenty of Halfs trail and road, with some 20,25,30ks sprinkled in while it's still cool this winter.
  • edinphx
    edinphx Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have joined the "marathon a week" group over at runningahead. basically you have 7 days to run 26.2 miles after a year you should be at 1367 miles!

Ed
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try as well! I covered 542 in the last half of 2011, and for my marathon in April I'll be running a total of 486... So I think it's completely doable!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    My goal was 1000 last year, got up to 1130. This year's goal is 1212, but I'll settle for less if I can stay off the injury list and keep running:heart:
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    This is SO me!!! I don't like to do resolutions, but I made this goal for myself on New Year's instead... 1000 miles, baby... I KNOW I can do this!

I'm planning probably 2 half's, a 25k and hopefully a full marathon this year among some smaller distance races fit in there. I burned through 2 pairs of running shoes last year so I figured I could just start fresh and try for more this year!!! I also want to start doing more trail running... did it once and it was FUN!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    oops - double post
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I run over 1000+...I average about 120 miles a month, some months more ( March I was at 150 miles), some less ( this month only 100)...I have 2 1/2 marathons and many 5k's to do...

Needless to say, I go thru running shoes every 3 months or so!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    So, is everyone on track to hit their 1000 mile goal?
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm standing on 741 for the year. My husband says he gets better mileage on his car tyres than I do on my running shoes. :)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I'm at 774 on 8/13. Fall is not the best time for me to get miles in, but I should be able to squeak out 1000.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1700+ right now. My goal is 3000 for 2012.
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1200, and right now I'm on track and looking at possibly 1300+. Any distance runners, please feel free to add me. :)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'm on track for my goal of 1300 (approx 40km per week)
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    My goal was 1000 last year, got up to 1130. This year's goal is 1212, but I'll settle for less if I can stay off the injury list and keep running:heart:

I'm far behind my goal, due to aforementioned injuries I was trying to avoid. 3 weeks off, 3 months of reduced load. Back in a (mostly) good position, but not sure I can reach my goal smartly as my body does it's best work on ~40 miles a week.