New to this - need friends to swap notes/advice and keep mot

Options
Hi, Im 33 in the manchester area, trying to lose weight. I have just ordered Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd and plan to start it as soon as it arrives. I read the reviews on Amazon and it promises real results at the end of the 30 days. Anyone on here recently started or wanting to start the DVD on here want to be friends? I hear the DVD is tough and I don't want to give up half way through. Thought some encouragement from friends on MFP would help me see this challenge through to the end! I always give up half way through and I don't want to stop till my goal is achieved this time. New Years Resolution!

Any takers?

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am not doing 30DS, but do a search on the fourms and you will find many groups of people doing it as it's really popular! From what I've read it is hard and you will be really sore at the beginning so be sure to stretch and DON'T GIVE UP! It will get easier and alongside healthy eating you will be sure to lose inches and probably lbs too. :smile:
  • Happy_Harlow
    Options
    Welcome!! :) I'm always looking for people to add to encourage one another! I'll drop you a request! Best of luck in your health journey!!
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site so I'll be your friend and we can help each other

14265820.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cheroki
    cheroki Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement guys. Lets do this!
  • deeR504
    deeR504 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have not tried Jillian Michaels 30day shred but have been looking into buying Jillian Michaels Killer Buns & Thighs. I was actually going to pick it up after work today lol! I have done all kinds of workout DVD's and honestly do not become discouraged at all but I do become bored. Not bored of the DVD but bored when I only worked out at home lol! I also used to alternate between different workout DVD's. For example I would do Pilates 3-4 times a week and do a strength training DVD + add 30-60 minutes on the treadmill (depending on the time I had available). This time around I am going to alternate by going to the gym on my days off and work out at home during my work week (when we are all the busiest).
    good luck!