Protein powders - need suggestions!

Options
As we all do from time to time, I need to switch up what I'm eating and have been looking at making smoothies in the morning. I have googled some recipes and see that some are adding sugar, which I don't want to do, and some add in a protein powder. Can anyone give me suggestions of which kind to buy and what types of foods you put it in?

Thanks! :smile:

3555945.png

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition- Extreme Milk Chocolate and also, Cake Batter.

1 c almond milk
    1 frozen banana
    1 tbsp almond butter
    1 scoop milk chocolate p.p.

About 375 cals. and a yummy shake!

Cake Batter I just do with frozen berries, almond milk and the protien powder!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard Whey Protein. I mix one scoop with 8 ounces of water. I love the Extreme Milk Chocolate flavor. Tastes great and mixes well (especially if you mix it in a Blender Bottle..which I 100% recommend). Here is a link to where I buy it (and shipping is super quick).

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Make some Protein Fluff

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1823-protein-fluff

I have used
    Myo-fusion
    Optimum Nutrition whey
    Xtreme Formulations caesin
    Market Pantry Whey

the XF was lemon cream pie, and by far the best Tasting stand alone powder I have had, followed by Myo fusion milk chocolate. but the ON is my stand by because its the cheapest and lowest cal per gram of protein of the ones I have used
  • firstjog11
    firstjog11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey, I bought some protein powder a while back and literally had to gag it down... I know tons of fun and thought no way... Then my sister told me about a "good one". It is made by Melaleuca (which is a multi level company) and I tried the Dutch Chocolate. Amazing. I actually feel like I'm having a treat when I drink my protein shake, which is great for me. I haven't tried the Optimum Nutrition I see recommended by others, so can't say anything about that type. Good luck and keep us posted. It is great to know some other brands out there that actually taste good. :wink:

Here's to the new year and a healthier one!!
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Get Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey protein from Amazon.com. I used to order from BodyBuilding but I'm able to get it at cheaper rates from Amazon.
    They have a bunch of flavors. Stay away from Cookies 'n' Cream.
  • MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    Options
    Take isopure it's 100%whey protein Isolate and 50 grams per serving, it has zero carbs and zero sugar.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Nectars - the sample variety pack.

They are so freaking good that I do not have to add anything to them! YUM!