How did you find out about MFP?

deniseg31
deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
First time I ever heard of it was on The Today show. A lady had lost 100+ lbs and she attributed her loss to the motivation, inspiration and help she got from all her MFPals. :bigsmile: Hearing her story made me look it up. I found it on my phone but didn't fall in love with it until I logged into the pc site.:heart:

How'd you find MFP?

Replies

• Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Randomly in the Android market.
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    I googled 'Calorie Counter'.
  • On accident. I got sick of Livestrong.com not working right, EVER, and their app that I paid $3 for never worked either. So I found the MFP app, and jumped the Livestrong ship and voila, here I am now. Terrorizing MFP since April 2011.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    After I had my son I spent a lot of time on the forums of babycenter (being a new mom and all) and of course weight loss was a big topic for all of us, so someone suggested this site and I have been here ever since.
  • I found it on my iPhone App Store so then I just checked out the site and now here I am :)
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    I admitted to my friend on the twitter that I joined a gym because I want to lose weight. She gave me a link here so we could support one another online. I've been here since 9/06/11. Only 28 pounds down, but at least it's going in the right direction! :smile:
  • memobe
    memobe Posts: 126 Member
    I found it searching through iphone apps
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Shape magazine
  • I found MFP searching for an app on my IPhone. New to it but love it so far.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    When I finally got a smartphone last February and was browsing through the Android market! Took me a few weeks to even realize there was a website! Lol
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    I found out about it on daily strength. Now I don't really go to daily strength anymore.
  • rebeccaME207
    rebeccaME207 Posts: 90 Member
    wow thats cool!

I downloaded the app then a friend requested me so I went online and was hooked! So many pals, support, tools, forums, people who related to me, I felt instantly better just knowing I wasnt alone! ... Luv it! Its just what I need being semi isolated yet socializing with like minded people on line or via cell! Luv MFP!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    I googled 'Calorie Counter'.

^^ this ^^
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    My doctor recommended it to me
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 423 Member
    My gorgeous daughter in law, JBaker1019, introduced me to the site. She has lost 62 lbs and I can honestly say it's the best thing that has happened to my heath! :)
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Randomly in the Android market.

Same here. I was looking for a way to track calories burned and consumed after having used RunKeeper for a while to track my running stats.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    I also found it on the iphone app store. I used it as just a calorie counter for awhile and didn't even come to the website until months later.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    I decided to search for a calorie counter for my DROID. A friend recommended the one she used to help her lose (or is it loose :laugh: ) weight. Her app didn't work (she's gained it all back :noway: ) so I decided to try MFP.

I really like the web site, the forums had me hooked for a while. Now it's the same type of messages over and over and over. :sad:
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Somebody I know on a cycling forum told me about it. I signed up in August but quit logging after 3 weeks then re-started in the last week of October. Hooked on it since then!
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 330 Member
    randomly, I was searching for a calorie counter I think on GOOGLE or something to do with weight loss and I came across it and have been hooked ever since!

and recommend it to all who ask about weight loss or how to's!