Calories burned when exercising

Options
When I exercise and burn calories why are those calories added back into my daily calorie total? I realize I can eat more calories when I exercise, but am I really supposed to eat all the calories I burned exercising every day? Thanks... :)

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Yes the calories are added to your daily total. That's the way MFP works. You'll get 10 pages of people's opinions on whether you should eat them back or not. You'll have to figure out what works best for you.

Me personally, I eat them.
  • To be in a calorie defect no. Keep your calories consistent. Exercise is only a small portion of the equation if your goal is weight loss.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Yes the calories are added to your daily total. That's the way MFP works. You'll get 10 pages of people's opinions on whether you should eat them back or not. You'll have to figure out what works best for you.

There are daily threads/debates on whether or not to eat them all back, eat some back, or eat none back. Play around with it, listen to hunger cues from your body, and find what works for you. Oh, and don't listen to anyone who is super militant about eating or not eating them back. Every person is different, every body reacts differently.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Don't eat them-

5E0D0E2B-orig.jpg

Eat them-

2E409AEB-orig.jpg

Your choice.