There is someone I would like to thank, but I don't know who

Options
In a posting a week or two ago (I don't know what the posting was), someone mentioned that their friend (I think) had them hold weights out in front of them to give them perspective on how much weight they had actually lost. This has helped me TREMENDOUSLY!!! Now every time I think down on myself about how I've only lost a pound, or 5 lbs, I can pick up a weight and realize how much that actually is! Thank you to whoever posted that! It has completely changed the way I think about the weight I lose!

Replies

• Dedicated
    Dedicated Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    In a posting a week or two ago (I don't know what the posting was), someone mentioned that their friend (I think) had them hold weights out in front of them to give them perspective on how much weight they had actually lost. This has helped me TREMENDOUSLY!!! Now every time I think down on myself about how I've only lost a pound, or 5 lbs, I can pick up a weight and realize how much that actually is! Thank you to whoever posted that! It has completely changed the way I think about the weight I lose!
  • Pocketangel
    Options
    WOW.... I have never thought of doing that! That is an awesome idea. Thanks for sharing again...
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    OMG, poor Fitness_Chick :laugh:

ps: I think everyone knows how much she has lost (she rocks) and I was just imagining her checking how much that weights
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    That is so great. I had the same realization last night. I have a 15 pound cat......yes I know she takes after her mother.....I picked her up and was shocked that I have lost her in weight plus 5! I mentioned to my fiancee, I have no idea how I can not realize that I am carrying so much extra weight on my body.....she is heavy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to get the remainder 78 off!

Good for you on putting it in to perspective for yourself.

56259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15lbs more than my 30lbs 3 year old weighs... and she gets HEAVY to carry.

That kind of perspective helps immensely!!!