21lbs lost - with photos :)

Options
Hi all, I joined My Fitness Pal back around March / April, as I decided I needed to lose a few pounds. The last year or so had been hard - dealing with the loss of my dear friend and 'mum in law' to cancer being pretty tough - I'd gained weight, and had a fondness of Dominos Pizza ;)

So, I joined Elite Fitness in Cardiff in April and decided to start enjoying exercise. Since then I've lost 21 pounds (1 and a 1/2 stone), and my fitness levels has never been better.
In November I joined a small group training program at Elite, which was excellent, and improved further, losing 5% body fat in 6 weeks. I will continue to enjoy working out and probably do a run or two in 2012 for charity.
At first I found sticking to exercise pretty hard, I've been a member of a gym for YEARS, but finding a good gym meant that eventually I started to enjoy it! And I love working out with my partner, which helps a lot I think. I'm not finished yet! And I'm joining a X-fit group from next Friday in addition to my gym workouts.

I am 5ft 10, and my before weight didn't mean I was overweight, so to those around me the change has been gradual and perhaps not as noticeable - so I decided to do a before and after to show that with a balanced diet and exercise you can make a difference to your body. Myfitnesspal has been an essential tool to getting my diet much better, there is always room for improvement, but I've lost count of how many people I have told about myfitnesspal, and to get involved!

Before photo is from July and After is on Christmas Eve :) (6 months between photos)

BeforeAfter1.jpg

BeforeAfter2.jpg

EDIT: You are all so nice!! Wow, what a community we have here!!.. :)

I wish everyone success on their journeys, especially those you are just starting on it. For me I wanted to be realistic and so my first goal was to get back into my leather trousers (I'm a guitarist in a metal band), and when I achieved that I thought right well lets aim for some more.

Proof! This was in September - back in the trousers. But I need smaller ones now! yay :)
320895_10150356710454424_17866999423_7798953_475921598_n.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!