Anyone losing for an upcoming vacation?

Options
trhops
trhops Posts: 295 Member
I leave for my annual trip Jamaica in 67 days 19 hrs 44 mins (not that I am counting, lol).

Anyone else using a vacation as a motivational goal to lose the weight?

My profile pic is from a couple of years ago. I am about 16 pounds from being back to that. Doubt I can lose 16 in 67 days, but I hope to get back to that.

Replies

• maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Annual HHI trip in June!!!! I've got a ways to go though....
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    When my daughter graduates from college she wants me to go to Italy with her and my son-in-law. I have that in the back of my mind sometimes when I work out.
  • Missy8856
    Options
    Headed to Disney in March. It is the first time my children will go, so I know we will take a lot of pictures. I am determined to lose 15 lbs before we leave!
  • peteb79
    peteb79 Posts: 386
    Options
    My 10th anniversary is coming up in 2013, and I my wife is looking to go some place like Hawaii.. and I am hoping to be in shape by the time it gets here... Fortunately I have plenty of time, December set me back a month...
  • cmhayes40
    cmhayes40 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I leave for Maui on March 15th! I want to be down 20lbs!
  • whallvr
    whallvr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hawaii on August 1st. I have at least 30 lbs! Thats less than 5 lbs a month, and I plan on reaching that goal.
  • Denik71
    Denik71 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am going to Greece:heart: in 155 days and I am hoping to lose a small child by then! LOL
    :laugh:
  • souper5
    souper5 Posts: 26
    Options
    My daughter and I are going to the Dominican Republic for her Senior trip in June! That got me motivated to get up off my butt and get healthy!! That was the middle of October and I am down 30 lbs. so far....I am hoping to lose at least another 30 before we leave. My husband and our daughters are my biggest supporters and I am soooo glad to have joined MFP for additional support! You guys rock!!!
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've got a trip to Bali booked the end of March! Definitely motivated to look cute in a bikini and sun dresses!
  • mlawilm
    mlawilm Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am !! Leaving for a cruise vacation to the Carribean with my friends in 39 days !!
  • WendiMac2Be
    WendiMac2Be Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We have our honeymoon coming up in mid-March. Our wedding is in 5 weeks, and I am hoping to be down 15 more lbs by then, and another 10 by the next month... Fingers crossed I get into (or close to) ONEderland by the time my HM gets here!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I'm going for about 1.5 pound per week until I lose 50 lbs.

Should put me down about 30 for the Good Vibrations motorcycle run in Salem in June.

Should lose another 20 by September for the Street Vibrations run in Reno.

Going to give myself the incentive that if I can do better and lose it all by August, I'm going to get some new leather pants for the September run. If not, Santa can bring them for Christmas.
  • hayley26d
    hayley26d Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Im going to fuerteventura in July.

Im hoping to be around 135 lbs by then, only 22 lbs to go.

Ive just purchased 30 day shred so im hoping that helps aswell :)
  • LadyoftheDisc
    LadyoftheDisc Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I turn 30 in June and that is my number one motivation, to get reach my initial goal by then which puts me at losing another 25-30lbs in about 23 weeks, hoping I can make it! Buuut now, my honey has told me that he will be taking me on vaca the week of my bday, and has stated that I get to pick the destination!! (Yes, he's awesome!!) So now that has given me even more motivation to kick *kitten* and reach my goal, a Bday/Vaca combo!!! :)
  • kerryannk
    kerryannk Posts: 148
    Options
    Florida in June!!
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Im going home to Hawaii in March! Last time I went home was last christmas (2010)... I was about 177 lbs.... Im now 200. UGH!

I would love to loose 20 lbs in 63 days... Thats a little over 2 pounds a week...
  • freesialea
    Options
    I am getting married in June and leaving for the honeymoon in Hawaii 2 days later. Never flown or been to an ocean beach before! So I have a double motivator. Plus, where I work they are sponsoring a weight loss challenge with a $500 cash drawing for people who participate. I'd be happy to lose 10 pounds, but 15 might make me brave enough to wear a bikini!
  • kellsma
    kellsma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Going to Mexico on April 25. Will be there for my birthday. Hoping to be down 40 lbs! Great motivator knowing I will be in bathing suits and shorts for 10 days
  • StacyAS999
    StacyAS999 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Going to the Dominican Republic in May for my 20th anniversary! I'm hoping to reach (and maybe slightly surpass) my goal before then, slow and steady!
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Lots of good vacation plans :)

My motivation is also I want to fit into some of my smaller shorts, tank tops that are in tub in the basement :)

I got myhubs on MFP last night, woohoo! Although he is not overweight too muc (all in his gut) he wants to be healthier. He is 6 ft tall and 179 pounds. All of his weight is in his gut so he is trying to get that down before we hit the beach :)