Is it important to eat proteins at a certain moment of the d

Options
Kamalka
Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
Hi,

I am doing a lot of running and bicycle (a bit more than 10h/week together) and I therefore noticed that if I have not enough proteins on a day, I feel bad in my muscles the next one. I guess it is better to eat proteins before a long run but if I had enough the previous day, I feel ok. Maybe is it better to get them afterwards, to give muscle energy after te effort? I might say a lot of stupid things here, so thank you for clarification. In essence, I eat proteins to avoid losing muscles and carbs to find energy (avoid hitting the wall on the long runs)...the rest I have no clue how it works (I do not even know if the muscle use proteins during efforts or after).

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Consuming a sufficient amount is relevant, the timing of consumption is not.

And your protein consumption probably has nothing to do with you "feeling bad in your muscles."
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Consuming a sufficient amount is relevant, the timing of consumption is not.

And your protein consumption probably has nothing to do with you "feeling bad in your muscles."
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    ok, thank you. I can therefore go before or after breakfast and have my chicken for dinner instead of waiting for my dinner to be digested before I go for a run. I did not mention I only consider natural sources of proteins (animal and vegetal) without any supplement...but that should not change anything to the process. I love to run on empty stomach but I always fear I sabotage something