going out to eat....

Options
Hi everyone, I am going out to eat for my boyfriends sister's bday tomorrow to pittsburgh blue and I can't seem to find any nutritional information for what they have there....what do I do???

Replies

• scrappy11
    scrappy11 Posts: 163
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am going out to eat for my boyfriends sister's bday tomorrow to pittsburgh blue and I can't seem to find any nutritional information for what they have there....what do I do???
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    have a salad with minimal meat and cheese on it and get the dressing on the side and stick to the 3 bite rule for any deserts ...drink water
  • Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    you need to make the best decision possible a grilled lean meat, a starch, and a veggie and you should be just fine!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    you can have a nice grilled sirloin 4-6 oz, and steamed veggies
    if you dont like steak,...CHANGE...no , just kiddng, have a grilled chicken or fish dish and the veggies
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Hmm have you been there before? If so you can find calorie counts on similar meals from other restaurants. If not, then go in with a game plan still. Keep your calories low for the day, but not so low that your famished when you get there. Make a plan about what you will do regarding the bread basket, chip bowl, or whatever (not sure what type of food), really read the menu looking for words to steer clear of like sauteed, breaded, etc. and don't be afraid to ask questions to your server about how the food is prepared. Many servers eat regularly at their restaurants, so maybe there is one there who can give you tips on how to order healthy.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Remember the lean meat should be no bigger then the palm of your hand and veggies can be 2 palms, salad galore. If your servings are larger ask them to please bring you a to go box right away, put anything over the above in a box right from the start. Eat your healthy veggies and salad first. And if you do that sigh we all do when we have had enough, listen to it and put the remaining in the box also. Don't let it feel like you are sacrificing, you are bringing it home and can have it for lunch tomorrow if you want.

Have fun

56259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    have a salad with minimal meat and cheese on it and get the dressing on the side and stick to the 3 bite rule for any deserts ...drink water

I've never heard of the "3 bite rule" - as I scrape the last bits of frosting off the plate where I just had a slice of banana chocolate chip layer cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate chips...

Hmm. Order a salad with no cheese and grilled chicken with fat free Italian or balsamic vinaigrette. If the table orders appetizers, try to stick to your diet coke (or club soda) and talk to keep yourself from eating. When dessert comes around, keep passing the plates (if it's a large group). Maybe they'll run out before they get to you! If not, cut the cake in half right on your plate and eat the half that has less frosting. Then, as soon as you see the server, have your plate taken away and sip your decaf coffee (because it makes dessert so much better) with a saintly smile on your face, knowing you did well.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    salad is my biggest no no at most restaurants, unless I can see the nutritional facts first. Those dressing sometimes get ya BIGTIME. I'd go with lean meat, grilled, which veggies as your choice of sides. Salmon is a popular option, or chicken. Watch for and avoid words like sauteed, fried, and creamy. Those are fatty high cal words. look for marinated, grilled, baked instead.