How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I have to refrain from checking daily -- fluctuations drive me crazy, but I get OCD about it. I know I should be weighing in once a week, max, but can't help myself.

Truthfully, how often do you weigh yourself? And how do the numbers affect you?

Replies

• lissie633
    Options
    I try and do it only once a week, but I have been out of control last 2 weeks, and it drives me mental when It goes up!! so i ignore it and get on the following day :s
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I only "weigh in" (ie, record it), once a week. I know that my numbers will fluctuate and it's the overall that matters, so I don't panic if I'm up a pound or two from the day before.

If fluctuations drive you crazy, you should weigh yourself once a week, or maybe once every two weeks!
  • happybrooke
    Options
    I also only record it once a week, but I have become silly about weighing myself every morning. I shouldn't do it probably - but I feel like it helps keep me focused!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Daily, and I expect fluctuations. But when the trend starts going up, I like to catch it early and check up on myself. It's too easy to fall off the wagon, and getting back on is harder than hanging on in the first place!!
  • rescueangel
    rescueangel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am truly OCD....LOL.
    But I have to admit that I am bad at looking at the scale daily.
    But I don't let it get me down if it's up a little.
  • Navymustng
    Navymustng Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Every morning, first thing, don't like surprises ;)
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale at least once every day since the scale is right there by the toilet and it isn't hard to just slip off my clothes and take a quick check. I only 'count' the weight once a week though.
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I think I am actually addicted to weighing myself. I do it multiple times a day. But I like to see what foods affect me. I only record my weigh ins once a week though.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    So, I used to weigh myself multiple times a day.... I mean, I know it will fluctuate and all... but I just wanted to see. I'm nosey like that. But about 2 months ago the batteries in my scale died (it takes those big disc batteries) and I haven't replaced them. I haven't weighed myself since (not even at the gym scale) and I don't think I'm going to weigh myself until I go down a jeans size. I bough goal pants and figure that as long as I log my cals and exercise I will just use clothing to guage myself. It's been very calming to let go of that aspect of the weight loss. I'm better able to focus on my body and how it looks as opposed to a number on the scale.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    "Officially" once per week. Saturday mornings right after my first trip to the bathroom. This is the amount that I log into MFP.

In addition I will "unofficially" weigh in every now and then. Mostly when I feel that I have had a poor choices eating day or if I have done a particularly big workout. This number I do not add to MFP.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I was weighing every day, sometimes 2X/day...PT said to weigh-in every month. I thought I would go nuts not checking the scale daily. It's actually been a lot of stress off me by not worrying what the scale said.
  • RoxRae
    RoxRae Posts: 60
    Options
    I try to only weigh once a week, but sometimes I'll jump on there if I'm feeling particularly "skinny". More often than not, it results in sadness because the number hasn't moved or has moved very very little. Now that I'm on this site and making a concerted effort to lose, I will strive to only weigh once a week.
  • paulwebster18
    Options
    I am also guilty of weighing myself every day, first thing in the morning. It helps keep me focused and if I am down a little bit gives me the drive to press on. Offical weigh in day is always a Wednesday though, so that is when I record.
  • MrsLythgoe
    Options
    I will be weighing myself once a week, It doesn't bother me not being weighed. I've not been on scales for about 2 and half years, I started monday
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Every other Friday morning. Everyday is just too much fluctuation.
  • Marebare74
    Options
    Daily, and I expect fluctuations. But when the trend starts going up, I like to catch it early and check up on myself. It's too easy to fall off the wagon, and getting back on is harder than hanging on in the first place!!

Yes, this is exactly why I check extremely frequently. I could never wait a whole week, but that is just what works for me!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I am truly OCD....LOL.
    But I have to admit that I am bad at looking at the scale daily.
    But I don't let it get me down if it's up a little.

If one is truly OCD, the call it CDO because that way the letters are in order. ;)
  • chell53
    chell53 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Ok since we have to be honest I weigh 2 times daily.....before everyone says that is nuts let me explain......

I weigh in the morning and once at night......the morning tells me the actual weight which is fine I log my weight only on Mondays....every week.......the weight at night will let me know if my weight is over and just roughly if the next morning I will show a loss or stay the same......I know sounds crazy, but it helps me and that is what I need right now at this moment maybe as time passes it will change.
  • shelliedanielle
    Options
    I weigh myself every other day or every 2 days but I might just weigh myself once a week. Your not alone on the OCD lol.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I do daily which is too much, I can't help it. I log weekly though....