Turkey Burgers

Options
I want to try a turkey burger for the first time, anyone know of a good brand? As well as what to season it with? So accustomed to ground beef so I know it will be an acquired taste.

Replies

• Bfromthedmv
    Options
    Jenni O is a great brand and dont forget to add seasonings to add flavor
  • mlh150
    mlh150 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I find Turkey Burgers to be pretty dry. Since it is an extremely lean meat I will often add an egg and bread crumbs to the mix and try up some new flavors without adding too many extra calories

Ranch Seasoning Mix
    Onion Soup Mix
    Italian Seasoning

Also I will sometimes throw in reduced fat cheeses, center cut bacon, etc to add to the flavors
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    So since this is my first time, to save money in case I don't like it, I should buy ground meat versus a box of patties.
  • RobinLoren
    Options
    I just bought the Jennie-O turkey burgers and made them for my boyfriend and I. He used to eat beef burgers like every day so I was worried he wouldn't like them. I seasoned them with pepper, onion powder, and some chili powder and served them on top of salad with mixed vegetables. He absolutely LOVED them! As long as you season them the way you like, they taste great.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I love turkey burgers-I make them using ground turkey. Here is the recipe that I use from allrecipes.com

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/actually-delicious-turkey-burgers/detail.aspx
  • c1015
    c1015 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Chicken burgers (made with ground chicken) are pretty good too.

I also add reduced fat cheese and chopped celery for flavor.
  • harrietlg
    harrietlg Posts: 239
    Options
    i tried to make my own once and added the wrong flavours into it, they were horrible, if you make your own, have a look online to see if theres any good recipes :)
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i love turkey burgers. i season them with some hamburger seasoning, grill them on the foreman grill and put some pepper jack cheese on it, yummy
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    I like them as well. I've tried the Jenny-O and they are good.

I use McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning. I cook them on a indoor grill, the only recommendation I can give you is that don't cook them very long(165*), it's only about 3-4 minutes on each side if thawed.

Give them a try.
  • lunarastro
    lunarastro Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I dont really like the Jennie-o brand. Bubba Burgers makes a turkey burger that is great. A little cajun seasoning, grill 4 minutes per side, served on a whole wheat bun withhoney mustard, pickles and barbeque sauce. Make some homemade sweet potatoe fries to go with it and Viola! A great meal.
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Chicken burgers (made with ground chicken) are pretty good too.

I also add reduced fat cheese and chopped celery for flavor.

Absolutely! I love ground chicken. Had never even bought it until a girl at work told me about it. I am a CHICKEN girl too! She couldn't believe I had never used it.

As with turkey, add lots of seasoning and it makes a delish meal!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I don't really care for turkey burgers but a spicy black bean burger is delicious-morning star makes a great one!
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I make my own and they are sooooo yummy. I buy extra lean ground turkey (it's a 400g container i use), add 1/4 red pepper, 1/4 green pepper, tsp of chopped garlic, tsp of chili powder, and an egg. Mix it all together and make your patties. I will usually cook them on the bbq. Yummm...now i want one haha :laugh:
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Jenni O is a great brand and dont forget to add seasonings to add flavor

4sure this! and add some laughing cow at 35 cals a wedge, I add carmalized onions the l/cow cheese and spinach on a lite wheat bun with some mustard..yummm! I also cook all 4 that come in the pack, and freeze and nuke when I am starving and dont want to cook, with a nice salad:-) You will get hooked, there super!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I hope you enjoy your turkey :)
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    we do asian turkey burgers at our house.

1lb jenni o turkey
    1-2 green onions chopped
    1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
    1 large egg
    1 inch gingerroot minced

you can add other diecd veggies if you like, we sometiems use carrots, celery or brocolli.

mix all ingredients and cook as you would a hamburger. We make 6 using 1lb of meat. Eat on a whole wheat bun or no bun at all. We top teh burgers with hoisen sauce...in the asin section about 25cals per tablespoon it's kind of sweet. If we are in a spicy mood we use siracha.

I hope you enjoy your turkey :)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I make them from ground turkey, and I usually add onion soup mix (look for a reduced-sodium mix) and a bit of olive oil. You could actually get really creative with your favorite spices, veggies and condiments.
  • 4NRB2017
    4NRB2017 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My family all like Jenn-O. We usually get the prepattied burgers (1 patty=140cals) and top it with Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce (2tbsp= 70cals)! Actually we just had that last night for supper! :o)

Or Hardee's has some....if you just wanted to try them. They have bbq, mushroom and swiss, and orginal
  • 4NRB2017
    Options
    My family all like Jenn-O. We usually get the prepattied burgers (1 patty=140cals) and top it with Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce (2tbsp= 70cals)! Actually we just had that last night for supper! :o)

Or Hardee's has some....if you just wanted to try them. They have bbq, mushroom and swiss, and orginal
  • 4NRB2017
    Options