Vegetarian Recipes

Options
mimo1978
mimo1978 Posts: 3 Member
Looking for some fun new ideas on vegetarian recipe.

Here is one that is called 2 by 4 aka Vegetarian Chili

Vegetarian Chili

2 cans of Kidney beans or Chili Beans
2 cans of Rotel
2 Cans of Minestrone Soup
1 bag of Vegetarian meat or 2 lbs of vegetarian meat (in the frozen section)

Add bay leaf for some flavor:-)

Mix in a big pot and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.

Serve Hot

Please add some yummy vegetarian ideas:smile:

Replies

• allBADgirl
    Options
    I don't really have a recipe as such for this, but I got this idea from a friend. It's for vegetarian Tacos. You use lentils, seasonings that you would want in tacos (I used garlic, cumin, chili powder, onion powder), chopped/diced onion

I cook in a crockpot with some water, or some petite dieced tomatoes if I want it more for taco salads

then just use the mixture in place of meat for your tacos. I like it best on salads as I can put lots of lettuce to fill up on and don't have to worry about the calories of the shells
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a recipe as such for this, but I got this idea from a friend. It's for vegetarian Tacos. You use lentils, seasonings that you would want in tacos (I used garlic, cumin, chili powder, onion powder), chopped/diced onion

I cook in a crockpot with some water, or some petite dieced tomatoes if I want it more for taco salads

then just use the mixture in place of meat for your tacos. I like it best on salads as I can put lots of lettuce to fill up on and don't have to worry about the calories of the shells

You can use this formula for all sorts of fillings. I make tacos with whatever's on hand-- sweet potatoes, kale, squash... Either sautee with onions and chili powder as if you're making fajitas, or mash up with a bit of water and cheese in the manner of refried beans. Of course, beans make excellent taco fillings as well!
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I didn't see your post! I'm also on a search for good Vegetarian recipes. I notice that most "bean" recipes are Mexican based. Which is fine, but I can't eat Mexican meals every day. Here's what I"m making today:

Pesto Minestrone Slow Cooker Soup

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2011/01/pesto-minestrone-soup-slow-cooker.html

1 large onion, diced
    1 cup chopped carrots
    1 cup sliced celery
    1 yellow or red bell pepper, seeded and diced
    1 pound (any variety) potatoes, cut in 1-inch chunks (no need to peel)
    1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
    2 (15-ounce) cans beans (undrained; your choice, I used black and kidney)
    1 (11-ounce) container prepared pesto (or a cup or so homemade)
    4 cups chicken broth (can use vegetable)
    1 handful baby spinach (to add later)

The Directions.

Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Put the veggies into the bottom of your slow cooker and add the entire can of tomatoes and both cans of beans. Pour in the pesto and broth. No additional seasoning is needed. Cover, and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or until the vegetables have fully cooked and softened and flavors have melded completely. stir well, and add frozen peas and a handful of spinach. Cook on high for another 10-15 min or until the peas are fully hot and the spinach has wilted.
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have a fairly new vegan food blog. http://vegancajun.blogspot.com.

I also love the recipes from Oh She Glows and Fat Free Vegan Kitchen. Loads of yummy recipes on both of those sites.
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    A1 Onion & Mushroom Quesadillas

A1MushroomSwissQuesadilla.jpg

8 Corn tortilla
    10 teaspoon Butter unsalted
    1 small Onion thinly sliced
    1 cup Baby bella mushrooms sliced
    1 tablespoon A1 Steak Sauce
    4 slices of Swiss or Cheddar cheese.

Melt 2 tsp of butter in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until carmalized. Add mushrooms and cook until soft. Remove from heat, add A1 sauce and toss to combine. Butter one side of each tortilla. Place, butter side down in a pan over medium-low heat. Add ¼ of the mushroom filling and ¼ of the cheese. Place another tortilla on top, butter side up. Cover and let cook 1-2 minutes until browned on bottom then flip and cook uncovered 1-2 min more. Repeat for remaining tortillas.
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    double post sorry ^_^