Heart Rate Monitor Recommendations

Options
Anyone have one that they love or hate? I'm probably looking for a fairly inexpensive one...

Replies

• careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I currently use a Polar FT7 and I love it. My sister and husband use one as well. I did have a Timex one but it was not consistent in monitoring my heart rate. I checked out Heartmonitor.com and was able to get the Polar on sale.
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 all the way!!!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Love my Polar FT4 - it is one of the less expensive options that is regarded as being very accurate for calorie burn. The FT7 has more options but the FT4 will get the job done if your only concern is calories.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I just ordered an FT4 and it should be coming this week. I can't wait to try it! It cost me $66 on Amazon.
  • scssam
    scssam Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Got the FT4 for $79 at Sports Authority.. Couldn't wait ... works great.. good choice.
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    FT4, I have been using it for the past 2 weeks and love it...got mine on Amazon for around $50. Really simple to use, shows calories burned, target zones, etc. Pretty basic. The chest strap is the most comfortable that I have found. Its easy on and off.
  • quiksandy
    quiksandy Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4. Not a lot of bells and whistles with it but it seems accurate and gets the job done.

My husband has a Polar FT60 and loves it! Many more stats with that one.
  • tiffany0127
    tiffany0127 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar FT4 and love it! It works for me because my main concern is getting an accurate calorie burn.

I use it 5-6 times a week. :)
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Polar RS300x ... You can add on optional extras such as foot pod or gps sensor to store more data but I just bought it with the polar flow link and it's great. Takes into account much more biometric data such as RHR, MHR and VO2 max which give a better calorie burn. You can also link the data up to polar personal trainer to maximise your training, it's gots lots of bells and whistles. Chest strap (wear link+) is amazingly comfy and chaff free compared to my old t31 chest strap which was made from plastic. Cost me £109.99 for the watch, strap and a polarflowlink + free carry case and free next day delivery from polar mega fitness store in Durham. X
  • caw001
    caw001 Posts: 3
    Options
    Anybody ever use the BodyBugg?
  • JoanWill
    JoanWill Posts: 217
    Options
    love my FT4.
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to join the crowd and say Polar FT7. I don't like doing cardio without it anymore.
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and love it. I had 2 cheap ones before and well they sucked. Save up and invest in a good one. look on Amazon or Ebay for them, I got My Polar new for $50.00 with free shipping.
  • tkorthanke
    tkorthanke Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and it works great. I got it off of EBAY for around $65.
  • Casi23
    Casi23 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I'm the minority on here! I use a Garmin FR60 - a little pricier - I think I got it at a running store for 160.00. It's a HRM and GPS tracker in one. Which is great if you love to run/bike outdoors. But it can also be used inside at a gym or during a workout class. The pros are:

A. Not as bulky because the watch is separate from the GPS tracking device - which is a little chip you hook onto your shoelaces.
    B. Tracking not only the calories you burn but your pace and distance too - and can be used with their web site to monitor and save your workouts.
    C. I found it very accurate with distances.

But if you're not into outdoor sports it may not be worth it. Just the regular HRM's with out the GPS are much less expensive.

Good luck!
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    Polar FT7! It was my Christmas present from my husband and I love it.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,973 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I just got my Polar FT7 and I love it already......chest strap very comfortable.....watch easy to read.....back light great (I walk my dogs for two hours before sunrise).......not hard to learn to navigate the different screens :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Polar FT7 all the way!!!
    ^^ this
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Search the forums. You'll see mostly polar lol
  • tonyalegria
    tonyalegria Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am happy with my MIO Motiva (no chest strap) that I got online for $50 plus shipping.