confused person with over-asked question coming your way...

Options
Hello!!

First of all i apologize for the stupidity my question contains...I've never dieted in my life (or gone on a healthy way of eating) so its a bit confusing. After having a baby i need to lose weight.. I am on 1200 calories per day and recently started the 30 day shred. Prior to exercise i was netting 1200 calories almost everyday but i lost not a single gram of weight?

I just want to know that in my settings I had stated that i would do 20 minutes of cardio 3 times a week but in reality i never did any. Now that i do 20 minutes of cardio everyday i burn 160 calories and i eat half of my exercise calories in addition to the 1200 ones.

Is the reason i never lost any weight because MFP already accounted for my cardio and by eating my exercise calories i was infact overeating and thus gaining weight? Should i change level of exercise in my settings to 0 workouts 0 minutes and then when i do the actual exercise just log it in? I have tried doing that but MFP hasnt changed the number of calories i should consume in a day and says on average i will lose 0.8 pounds a week... Do i make any sense? thanks in advance :)