Eating Healthy at school. Harder than it seems.

Options
So, I'm a senior in high school and I eat the cafeteria food. After tracking the food I eat at school I realize how unhealthy they really are. So I try to pack lunches but that cost so much more money then buying cafeteria food. I just wish the school can make something healthy and good. What can I do to help my situation?

Replies

• beckymustloseweight
    Options
    I know what you mean!
    Junk is just so much cheaper than good food.
    i think packed lunches are the only way to go really, they can actually be pretty cheap!
    For example today I had, two wheat wraps with cheese, three rice cakes and two oat bar things.
    Which really was just food we had in the kitchen anyway, and only costs a little each :p
    Otherwise get the most healthy thing and then make sure dinner and breakfast are verrry healthy :D
  • TheAnonGit
    Options
    Doesn't your school serve salads? When I was in high school last year, I had a salad for lunch everyday. They always had some different kind of one. It's a much better alternative to eating the horrible school lunches. I also remember it being the same amount of money as any other school lunch, though I suppose that could easily vary.
  • cassidygrooms
    Options
    For real! While I enjoy to eat a salad at lunch, it gets old. Packing lunches is such a pain. We can't win, can we :P
  • momoflanandlil
    Options
    I am a teacher and I know it is hard to ignore the school cafeteria. I try to pack a sandwich on wheat bread (just meat and bread for me) - Light chips, water, and fresh fruit, but I know it is way more expensive to do that than to just eat at school. I hope that helps!:smile: