After Workout Calorie Burn: Which is better?

Options
Okay ... just curious, what's your perspective of the after workout calorie burn? Should you eat before you workout, right after or what? What takes the best advantage of that "burn?"

Replies

• Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Okay ... just curious, what's your perspective of the after workout calorie burn? Should you eat before you workout, right after or what? What takes the best advantage of that "burn?"
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I do a carb/protein pre and post...that seems to work well for me. From what I've heard from trainers you wanna get some protein in after your workout shortly after... eating about an hour before workouts they suggest is best. Also getting that water in before workouts as well! Then of course during and lots after.

Hope that helps...it's what's working for me and what's been shared by trainers/professionals with me.

FC:heart:
  • TrailRunner
    TrailRunner Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    exactly
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You definately need to eat before you work-out, although ensuring that it's low G.I so that you don't spike your blood sugars is definately the way to go (because you don't want your body just burning those sugars!) so I suggest some wholegrain/wholemeal, low fat carb and some protein and then protein afterwards.
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Good info. everybody. I've been trying to figure out if it's better to eat an actual meal before I work out or afterward...to take best advantage of the calorie burn.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Good info. everybody. I've been trying to figure out if it's better to eat an actual meal before I work out or afterward...to take best advantage of the calorie burn.

I myself would not be able to workout on a full meal ...I think the idea of eating a meal after sounds a bit more comfortable. Those are my thoughts though on the subect.:drinker: I do a mini meal pre/post workout, like I shared up above a carb/protein combo. Like perhaps toast with 1 T. Cashew Nut Butter, a piece of fruit and a serving of nuts, things along that line, enough for a workout to keep your energy boosted but not so much that you can't workout.

Eating it a good hour or so before seems to help with the not full feeling.

FC:heart: