Options
13»

Replies

• arkymamd
    Options
    I
  • arkymamd
    Options
    I think some people assume that because they feel bad when they are overweight. I know I do but everyone is different. It is wonderful that you feel good. I wish I did.
  • j3nn953lk
    Options
    I see why you're frustrated by questions like this. People assume if you're not thin, you must be unhealthy, but that's just not true.

I think everyone should just hush up about weight comments all around.

But that's not realistic to hope for so I guess if I were you, I'd answer: "i feel good, but I was healthy before, so I felt good then too." Or just try the classic "why do you ask?" (always a good answer to a bad question). Just to try to send a little gentle education out there.
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Some people don't want to give the "Wow, you've lost weight" because its SO typical so they try to think of something different to say that doesn't focus on the actual weight. Really if you've lost any weight purposefully, then you ARE feeling better about SOMETHING, whether its confidence, accomplishment, breathing, flexibility, whatever!! Otherwise why would you lose weight? If I was happy at my start weight and felt GREAT I'd stay there and eat more...
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I usually inform them that my butt-bone hurts and I'm cold most of the time, but that seems to bum 'em out.

:I
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I usually inform them that my butt-bone hurts and I'm cold most of the time, but that seems to bum 'em out.

:I
    I hear ya on the cold part....since I lost weight, I find that my hands especially get so cold, when it never used to bother me much.
  • Losingbooty
    Losingbooty Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I dont think it would be very nice either! i have dropped 50 pounds and I feel like CRAP that NO ONE has noticed! NOT one person has said anything. In fact on face book I have got comments about people telling me I shouldnt be so happy about it! So i dont know! it seems to me that people dont care when you are fat then they get mad when you start to loose. So I would just give a nice yes I do feel better and walk away. I have lost 50 lbs and i FEEL SO MUCH BETTER!
  • CoachMelissaDi
    CoachMelissaDi Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    No, I think my first assumption would be that they were trying to be nice and ask about my success and how I feel. Coming up with a snappy answer to someone who has the intention of being nice and making conversation is not something I would do.

Definitely this. :) Be proud of your weight loss and tell them I feel great and feeling better everyday! Then ask them, " want to join me on the weight loss wagon?"
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    People just can't win. If they had said, "Oh, my god you look so great!" Would you have thought, "Geez, did I look so horrible before?"

Maybe, they were trying to be sensitive to the whole "weight loss for looks" thing and make a nice convo about feeling good. Your snappy answer will sure cure them of that.

Agreed!
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    What I really hate is running in to people I haven't seen for a long time. Having friends is such a pain!!
    and then they might invite me to lunch...gah!

BAHAHAHAHA!
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to tell people how much BETTER I feel since I lost weight, began eating healthier, exercising...
    I honestly think everyone deserves to feel great about their body, so I love talking "healthy", letting them know what has helped, and how my "journey" is going. Heheh.

I've always had "bigger" friends-who have never been happy with their bodies. Now, if someone is honestly overweight, and content with it, then good for them I guess.
    I'm just not one of them, and will proclaim as loud as I can that I DO feel better!
  • j3nn953lk
    Options
    I just hate anyone commenting on my weight full stop. I hate people asking how I lost weight, and I especially hate people making comments about my sex life in relation to my weight. It's none of your d**n business!

Agree 100%.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!