Finally got a trainer for my bike!

Options
shorerider
shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
Hi all,

Popping in real quick to say hi! a010.gif Thanks for all the messages from everyone of support and encouragement! I haven't had time to reply to everyone.

My schedule continues to be unbelievably busy--got a funeral later today and my husband's step-mom is doing very badly on top of it all. Anyway, I have been doing better in my eating the last week but am working on getting back to all good-habits.

But, I finally got a trainer for my bicycle! That's a metal frame that holds the back wheel off the ground so you can "ride" indoors. It basically makes my bicycle into a stationary one. I needed to be able to ride my bicycle, as it is fitted to me and is what I ride long distances, so the ones at the gym just didn't 'cut it.' I also started taking anti-inflammatory 2x a day for my achillles' tendon, and it is REALLY helping--thank God! It had gotten to where I couldn't hardly walk around the yard without pain.

I've really got to get back into riding--I've got a double Century coming up in mid-June! smiley-faces-28.gif

We'll be riding 95 miles one day then 110 the next and 40 the third! cwm31.gif And, I'm no where near ready for even 50 miles at this point!

Anyway, hope all is well with all my cycling buddies!

Shore

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Popping in real quick to say hi! a010.gif Thanks for all the messages from everyone of support and encouragement! I haven't had time to reply to everyone.

My schedule continues to be unbelievably busy--got a funeral later today and my husband's step-mom is doing very badly on top of it all. Anyway, I have been doing better in my eating the last week but am working on getting back to all good-habits.

But, I finally got a trainer for my bicycle! That's a metal frame that holds the back wheel off the ground so you can "ride" indoors. It basically makes my bicycle into a stationary one. I needed to be able to ride my bicycle, as it is fitted to me and is what I ride long distances, so the ones at the gym just didn't 'cut it.' I also started taking anti-inflammatory 2x a day for my achillles' tendon, and it is REALLY helping--thank God! It had gotten to where I couldn't hardly walk around the yard without pain.

I've really got to get back into riding--I've got a double Century coming up in mid-June! smiley-faces-28.gif

We'll be riding 95 miles one day then 110 the next and 40 the third! cwm31.gif And, I'm no where near ready for even 50 miles at this point!

Anyway, hope all is well with all my cycling buddies!

Shore
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the funeral & your husband's step-mom being sick.:flowerforyou: I'm glad you're back! Good luck on all that cycling!:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    ((((SHORE))))

So glad to see you pop in!
    Hope your tendons keep feeling better.
    I was wondering what a trainer was. Now I know. :wink: Very cool.
    Keep training lady!! :flowerforyou:
  • Dusty74
    Dusty74 Posts: 68
    Options
    I know this thread is a few weeks old, sorry to hear about your loss and hope everything is getting better.

What trainer did you get? I've been looking a different trainers for my wife and I to use. We both work full time and have a kid, so getting out in the evenings sometimes is pretty hard to do. Does a trainer give you a good workout like riding, or is it a pretty easy ride like a stationary bike? I know they have resistance, but is it 'real world' resistance?

Thanks for your time.