Oldest Use By Date

Elleinnz
Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
OK - So I started this morning purging my house of the last of the Festive Season crap that was still hanging around....chocolates, crisps etc....

Once that was done, I started on doing a Pre-Paleo clean out of anything that might tempt me while I was on my 6 week Paleo "challenge".... I was planning to take the unopened stuff to the local city mission, but soon realised that there was massive amounts of expired stuff in the back of my grocery cupboards....

I thought the Cheese Crackers with the Use By October 2007 was the worst, until I started on my fridge and found this beauty.... Kato Peach Chutney with a 16 FEBRUARY 2004 label - WTF!!

To put this in perspective - I have moved house THREE times since then - and packed and moved it every time!! Granted I have been in current house for 5 years now...

So here is the challenge - what is the food with the oldest use by date in your cupboards / fridge??

000UBDphoto.jpg

Replies

• JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    :laugh: I have OCD and clean out the fridge every time we go grocery shopping. On the rare occasion that I don't catch something, it's usually only 1 or 2 months passed the date. I cleaned out the panty for my inlaws once and they had stuff from 2007 in it. Does that count?
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    The only thing I have found was my husband's bag of Lay's Mesquite BBQ chips: 12/15/2001. It fell behind my fridge... the one place I asked him several times DONT PUT THE DAMN CHIP BAGS ON TOP OF THE FRIDGE! THEY FALL OVER!

Well, the good thing out of that escapade is that I got a good bicep workout moving that beast on my own when I did my cleaning.... and then moving the beast back into place!

BWAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA
  • jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    LOL - this is sooo funny, I was having a post Christmas cupboard clean out too - I found a packet soup that was from 2009, but my oldest was a shaker of dried cumin that was from 2001..... now how did that hide for so long...??!!!