Britta Pitchers

Options
Does anyone use a Britta pitcher? Is it worth it?

We buy gallons of water but its such a pain filling them.

Replies

• stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I love mine and at my grocery store it was $9.99 so I think it was worth it.
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    yes - much better than drinking the well water here and i cant even imagine wasting that much money (and plastic) buying bottled water....it was only like 15 bucks i think and the fitler cartridges can be expensive but still worth it!
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    We use ours all the time. The only complaint I have about iut is that the water is not always as cold as I like it as I am having to fill it so often when I am drinking all my water every day lol
  • smontalvan
    Options
    My parents have a large one that holds a few gallons at least. It has a spout on the bottom to get the water out. I have a pitcher and I love it. Better than bottles I think.
  • KarlDR
    KarlDR Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've had one in the past, I couldn't tell any difference over plain tap water personally. Tap water does the job just fine for me!
  • GreatGrace
    GreatGrace Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I had to use one in college because our water was bad at school. Buy a couple if you drink a lot and want it cold all the time...it has to be better than refilling jugs all the time, that is a pain. And...in the long run (well, probably even just a month's time) cheaper than buying bottled water.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    We use ours all the time. The only complaint I have about iut is that the water is not always as cold as I like it as I am having to fill it so often when I am drinking all my water every day lol

I found the solution to that problem. I bought a thin refrigerator jug that I fill with the filtered water.
    I also filter the water and then pour it into a tabletop dispenser with spigot (like you use for SunTea)

My Brita gets such a work-out, maybe I should log *that* as "exercise?" hahaha